super duty picture thread:

RSK

Reaction score
6FF59242-B159-47A5-843F-7055554BD592_zpscqfcljjn.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
i got one of those last year. they work really well however mine was a 9'6" and although i was really careful with it, the plow did bend.

RSK

Reaction score
i got one of those last year. they work really well however mine was a 9'6" and although i was really careful with it, the plow did bend.

what did it bend from and where? Did it effect your ability to plow snow? was it covered under warranty? I will be doing driveways with mine. I can't see the plow bending unless you are scooping wet heavy snow and pushing it for a long distance. My old boss has 4 extreme v's 1 xv2 and he said he bent center pins on his xtreme v's by scooping big piles of heavy snow. his are all 9'6" as well. I think the 8'6" should be better at not bending anything. I don't have any driveways that i will carrying a big load in scoop mode for more then 20-30' I think I should be 30% faster on most driveways.

sootie

Reaction score
it basically just tweaked about a third of the way out from the center pin. you would only notice if you look along the cutting edge. the plow foil itself doeskin wrinkle because it is actually just a "cladding" . lol we plow a little more then 30' doing our property's-lets say 300' passes! i didnt even think of warranty because i figure they will just say it is abuse.

RSK

Reaction score
it basically just tweaked about a third of the way out from the center pin. you would only notice if you look along the cutting edge. the plow foil itself doeskin wrinkle because it is actually just a "cladding" . lol we plow a little more then 30' doing our property's-lets say 300' passes! i didnt even think of warranty because i figure they will just say it is abuse.

oh not too bad, especially if it's not even really noticeable, but 300' passes in scoop mode with heavy snow is a lot of weight! most of my driveways are only 30-50' long I have one that is probably 300' but i plan put the blade in v mode or angle it like a straight blade until it opens up at the top, but there is a turn around with a large island of grass in the center and massive junipers...but having a scoop feature will be nice for a lot of driveways. Is it true, I can angle each wing as little as I want? like a wide v vs. full v or a little scoop or full scoop or anywhere in between?

smcox1

Reaction score
Thanks, i've been wanting both since they came out! As you might be able guess i'm a little excited for snow for the 14/15 season!

How excited are you? Did you drive around town with the new plow on?

RSK

Reaction score
How excited are you? Did you drive around town with the new plow on?

lol no, I refuse to be "that guy" driving around with a new plow on in the summer time...I have the self control to let it sit at the dealer for a few months at least. that's why the picture is in their shop, not even sure where i plan to put the plow yet, so I told them to keep it until October at least, it's sitting in their barn with my name on it. they could keep the plow until November for all i care, I just wanted to get the wiring and mounts before they get slammed with installs. But when we get hit with a 2" storm or 3' storm i'll be ready...still gotta pick up my new ariens two stage pro 28" snow blower. They throw snow up to 55ft!!! :eek::jawdrop:

Last edited:

semmens3

Reaction score
IMG_20140902_130115_zps3a08043c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This is my baby at the moment, not quite sure which way i want to go with it. I'm torn between custom bumpers front and rear, or finishing the 05 front end conversion with a ptm bumper and grill with harley head lights. then finish the 08 rear end with a ptm 08 bumper. what do you guys think?
Forgive the tow mirrors being out, I hadn't put them in since unhooking from my camper.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
IMG_20140902_130115_zps3a08043c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This is my baby at the moment, not quite sure which way i want to go with it. I'm torn between custom bumpers front and rear, or finishing the 05 front end conversion with a ptm bumper and grill with harley head lights. then finish the 08 rear end with a ptm 08 bumper. what do you guys think?
Forgive the tow mirrors being out, I hadn't put them in since unhooking from my camper.

I like the plan to do the 05 Harley front, I think it'd look great. Is the truck actually a KR? Or did someone put the badges on it?

semmens3

Reaction score
I like the plan to do the 05 Harley front, I think it'd look great. Is the truck actually a KR? Or did someone put the badges on it?

Its actually two trucks. I combined an 03 king ranch with a wrecked cab with an 05 with a bent frame. so its the 03 frame/axles/seats and the 05 cab/dash/engine/transmission.

smcox1

Reaction score
lol no, I refuse to be "that guy" driving around with a new plow on in the summer time...I have the self control to let it sit at the dealer for a few months at least. that's why the picture is in their shop, not even sure where i plan to put the plow yet, so I told them to keep it until October at least, it's sitting in their barn with my name on it. they could keep the plow until November for all i care, I just wanted to get the wiring and mounts before they get slammed with installs. But when we get hit with a 2" storm or 3' storm i'll be ready...still gotta pick up my new ariens two stage pro 28" snow blower. They throw snow up to 55ft!!! :eek::jawdrop:

I probably would have driven around with it lol!!!!

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Its actually two trucks. I combined an 03 king ranch with a wrecked cab with an 05 with a bent frame. so its the 03 frame/axles/seats and the 05 cab/dash/engine/transmission.

That sounds interesting.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

Latest posts

Members online