SuperArmor for the Superduty

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I guess that could be another way, but I am pretty sure the manual says to remove the grille. As long as there is someway to get to it. It would be really cool if you could make it tilt forward and use it like a step to work on/in the engine bay.
It makes an excellent step just the way it is.
I tried that today.
And the hoop and wings are perfect handles for climbing on it.

Dave

Reaction score
Have you considered a bar in the center of the grille hoop for protection.

Its pretty much wide open as it is

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
that thing looks flippin awesome!

Would the winch ready one have to stick out substantially more? That's one of the things I don't like about most winch bumpers.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
That looks awesome! I might have have missed it from earlier posts, but what gauge steel is the base bumper and the headlight/main grill hoops made out of?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I retract my earlier comments, it actually looks great. Great job sir

Lol me too, that looks badass! This is the only bumper that offers full frontal protection that I like(at least that I've seen). Like the others have said, a bar or two for grill protection would be nice.
Also, an idea, pivoting mounts, so you could rotate the bumper assembly forward say 30° to allow for headlight, and grill removal. Not positive on exactly how that would work, but just an idea.

Again, great job bud! Maybe when I get my 2015 in 5-6 years, I'll hit you up for one lol.

Sent from the Bayou

TrickTruck

Reaction score
The Winch version doesn't stick out at all. Flush with the front of the factory tow hooks.

I've been toying with some center bars on the computer. But was out all day today and had a date last night, so you know, got to keep your priorities straight. I'll get them wrapped up and rendered for your curiosity and my own.

It's all 11 gauge. Except for the mounts which are 1/4. The winch version has some other 1/4 pieces too.

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
Go look at semi bumper ideas for a tilt bumper and see how they do it and if you could copy it

smcox1

Reaction score
That is probably the best looking full grille guard bumper that I have seen. Nice work!

smcox1

Reaction score
Could you of followed the shape of the headlights with those side pieces of the grille guard part?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
It was pretty hard to do this twisted shape just going 50°. Going 120° is going to be difficult. I've heard this one before so I am looking at it.

I like it the way it is I think it looks sleek, but more options for more people...

smcox1

Reaction score
I think it looks great the way it is but wrapped around might look really cool.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I didn't read all the comments but I think it looks good until the light guard. You need to take the light guard and try to wrap it the same contour as the headlight. I think that will change the whole bumper. Or either leave them off as an option. I would like to see it with the grille guard but without the headlight guard.

rascal

Reaction score
Awesome job! Can't wait to see the pics of it painted and mounted.

I bet it would have looked great in black as well with that silver truck!

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Here's a rendering with a single horizontal bar centered on the headlights features and grill.
WinchHoopsWingsCenteredHorizontal_905962.jpg

WinchHoopsWingsHorizontal_564058.jpg

And with bars to protect the headlights too.
WinchHoopsWingsOngrillHorizontal.jpg

Not real pleased with the 'look' of these bars. Still toying with some different ideas here.

Latest posts

Members online