superduty prerunner project

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
6.2aint got enough valves... how bout a tt 5.8 fromthe new shelby?

Big $$$$$ for a 5.8. The block alone is 5k.

I can get a 2015 coyote for $6990 with harness kit. Was looking hard at the 9:1 aluminator but they are around 10k plus a $1500 harness Kit. And for what I'm wanting the 2015 factory motor will work fine. Only weak link will be the Pistons. As they put boss rods and bearings in the new motors. Only thinking about 6-7lbs of boost.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Oh yeah that's what I woild want to base my set up off of. Deffently have the cool factory but it wouldnt have thay nasty push rod motor sound at idel. I could put a ghost cam tune in it but it just doesn't sound the same!

Plus they are all aluminum and like 440lbs so that's a plus

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
idk... that Lund Ghost Cam tune chops like a MF'er. Everyone around here is convinced my buddies 5.0 is cammed and on the bottle because of how good it runs. lol its literally just a bolt on 5.0 and walked the standard Heads, cam, intake LS. I think a TT Coyote would be badass in your truck.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I like the idea of turbos over a blower. Because I get to fab more stuff. Not really a power goal. Pretty mild tho. Was thinking 600-650. I was to keep it reliable. But nothing is set in stone. I've been going back and forth or a couple months trying to decided on a motor.

Jbenso127

Reaction score
Go TVS if you're looking for low end torque. Twins will be nasty though.. Guys are knocking on 1000whp with the stock engine and billet OPGs with the '15 engine.
I've actually fabbed a couple twin and single turbo kits... So If you got any questions, shoot me a text Matt! I've crossed over to the coyote world LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Go TVS if you're looking for low end torque. Twins will be nasty though.. Guys are knocking on 1000whp with the stock engine and billet OPGs with the '15 engine.
I've actually fabbed a couple twin and single turbo kits... So If you got any questions, shoot me a text Matt! I've crossed over to the coyote world LOL.

Thanks man might have some questions for Ya. I just don't like the way a blower motor looks LOL hard to beat the look of a CJ intake on these things.

Jbenso127

Reaction score
Thanks man might have some questions for Ya. I just don't like the way a blower motor looks LOL hard to beat the look of a CJ intake on these things.

I'm in 100% agreement on that! Only positive displacement blower I'd go with is a 2.9L+ front feed Whipple.

But turbos are just so much fun. Slightly delayed power, makes for a fun ride when the chargers come alive. There are some new intake mani's that are hitting the market that may interest you as well. Check out the Holley Sniper for the Coyote.
bf68ca754669931670f2049b4b8c5fbd.jpg

Latest posts

Members online