SXE education request

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Lol I guess I can pressure it up and check.
I didnt have any issues with boost before.
This intake Y only has 2 bungs welded on so currently I have no boost gauge until I address that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You only changed everything, aside from the intake manifold gaskets. What could possibly be leaking now lol LOLLOL

mikeeg02

Reaction score
You only changed everything, aside from the intake manifold gaskets. What could possibly be leaking now lol LOLLOL

Also, Im not making fun of you, we all do it. Think well it was all good before I took it apart, why wouldnt it be now?! When every seal was pulled apart, except for maybe the hot side to intercooler connection. I look forward to hearing what you find.

What size exhaust housing?

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Also, Im not making fun of you, we all do it. Think well it was all good before I took it apart, why wouldnt it be now?! When every seal was pulled apart, except for maybe the hot side to intercooler connection. I look forward to hearing what you find.

What size exhaust housing?
Well it did get intake manifolds "plenums" too!
ba1bdaa6fbbc50f2f55012712279b1ec.jpg

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Coming from a 38R it is odd how quiet it is. I can hear either a boost leak or it pulling a ton of air through the filter. Do you all get the same noise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Neither do Beans, I just liked the look of the design, and since it is really a $400 luxury item I went with the ones I liked the best. Riff Raff probably the best all around. You just getting up or still up?

old man dave

Reaction score
Looks very similar to the ones I have, made by DesignIt, a custom CNC shop in NorCal. Mine don't have oring sealing surfaces though.

The shop originally made them for PsychoStroker, a former NorCal 7.3 truck puller.

Attachments

• P1010090.JPG
    P1010090.JPG
    344.2 KB · Views: 79
  • P1010132.JPG
    P1010132.JPG
    356.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Where did you get those plenums? I have looked at all the available choices in the past, I bought Beans, Riff Raff was very close 2nd, now these.....
Looks very similar to the ones I have, made by DesignIt, a custom CNC shop in NorCal. Mine don't have oring sealing surfaces though.

The shop originally made them for PsychoStroker, a former NorCal 7.3 truck puller.
Those have got to be the same ones. A buddy of mine bought an old set of heads from Wide Open Performance/ H@S and these plenums were on there. He just gave me these since he has the riff raff pieces!
930be00773dbe9098f071cd45f3be088.jpg
aea6311ea222989eee9d1d8c1adde409.jpg

old man dave

Reaction score
I got mine in the very early '00s. They were probably the very first aftermarket plenums made for the 7.3. I THINK I got them from BD Performance before they moved to Canada. DesignIt never really pushed them since PsychoStroker was a personal friend of DesignIt's owner, who was willing to make a limited run of these plenums. They were kinda costly since they were made of a single solid chunk of aluminum billet and most of the chunk wound up as shavings and associated machining time.

My set was used by Terminator to modify his Twin Terminators for clearance (chopped off some of the pressure relief spring housing and checked the IPR block for clearance). You can see that in the pic.

When I had my old engine with 160 stageII splits, I used one aluminum plenum and a SD one (slightly dented) for clearance under the stock OBS turbo.LOL

Last edited:

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Currently hauling for the first time since the install. 10k lbs or so. 65mph in overdrive level @ 1100° and 8psi

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
:morons:

LOLLOLLOL

What could possibly be leaking then?!

LOLLOLLOL

**disclaimer**

I sincerely hope nothing is in fact leaking.
Small update..
I have driven it for a couple of days, and all numbers seem fine. I pulled the boat and it towed pretty good.
It runs well and moves down the road nice, maybe this turbo being so quiet is messing with me lol.

Also I have a RCSB truck with 300/200s- and I may have been getting used to that power and wanting/hoping for more out of this set up...
Currently hauling for the first time since the install. 10k lbs or so. 65mph in overdrive level @ 1100° and 8psi

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Sounds like it's running well, I need to load up the toy hauler and take it for a spin.