TC lockup?

boggerr

Reaction score
Hey guys, want to know if this is possible before I contact Gearhead.
Can these converters be tuned to lockup earlier and unlock later? Say lockup at 30-35 mph and unlock 25-30 mph.

3brorce

Reaction score
Dustin have you wrote a tune to use t/h as a converter lockup switch?

Stroked777

Reaction score
Dustin have you wrote a tune to use t/h as a converter lockup switch?

You can very easily, open the t/h table and change the converter lock up speed to the speed at which the gear changes, so say it shift into third at 20 mph, set the converter to lock at 20

RSK

Reaction score
Hey guys, want to know if this is possible before I contact Gearhead.
Can these converters be tuned to lockup earlier and unlock later? Say lockup at 30-35 mph and unlock 25-30 mph.

you can you just have to make sure that it only locks up at that low of a speed at low throttle percentage. wide open locked at 30-35mph would probably burn tire hard in hot street or race if the converter doesn't slip. I asked matt about this exact same thing, he sent me a file so it would lock up sooner at low throttle positions so my in town fuel economy would go up and I never loaded the tune in yet. might do it tomorrow....

boggerr

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies.

you can you just have to make sure that it only locks up at that low of a speed at low throttle percentage. wide open locked at 30-35mph would probably burn tire hard in hot street or race if the converter doesn't slip. I asked matt about this exact same thing, he sent me a file so it would lock up sooner at low throttle positions so my in town fuel economy would go up and I never loaded the tune in yet. might do it tomorrow....
Let me know how it works out. I know your tune isn't loaded yet but do you know at what speed it's set to unlock?

RSK

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies.

Let me know how it works out. I know your tune isn't loaded yet but do you know at what speed it's set to unlock?

no idea. my buddy is on his way over right now. I'll load the tune in when I get back in a few hours. he wrote the tune back in february I think. I just procrastinate a little.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.