The 2011-16 Leveled Super Duty Thread

06-sixoh

Reaction score
They're worth every penny though...

Ive been reading about them, and I haven't found a bad review yet. Everybody says the kits ride amazing, especially when adding in the leaf pack in the rear. Do they really make enough difference to justify $2000? If I decide to buy a Carli kit instead of tunes, then I think Im leaning towards the commuter kit. Seems to be the most reasonable for what I would use it for. I just cant see, to find any info on spring rate comparison vs stock. If I want to tow anything, looks like Im going to need to invest in airbags....

sootie

Reaction score
Ive been reading about them, and I haven't found a bad review yet. Everybody says the kits ride amazing, especially when adding in the leaf pack in the rear. Do they really make enough difference to justify $2000? If I decide to buy a Carli kit instead of tunes, then I think Im leaning towards the commuter kit. Seems to be the most reasonable for what I would use it for. I just cant see, to find any info on spring rate comparison vs stock. If I want to tow anything, looks like Im going to need to invest in airbags....

The backcountry kit rides better than the commuter. Insane product quality. now that i have done it, i will never use another lift. I personally think they ride fine with the add-a-packs in the rear.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
So if I go with the Commuter 2.5" do I still need to purchase the 5" rear block to level it out or does the add a packs do that for me?

sootie

Reaction score
So if I go with the Commuter 2.5" do I still need to purchase the 5" rear block to level it out or does the add a packs do that for me?

No. you will need a 1.25" block to make a tiny rake. Some guys run F250 blocks but it sits too ass high for me. But with no block at all, it looks like a chitting bulldog.

Tim1216

Reaction score
im in the same boat, i have a 350 and want to level it with 35s and probably 18s. I would love to get a carli lift, but cant really justify spending that much on a lift (i know it will ride better, etc). i may go the route of a 2" in the front and drop bracket like others have talked about in this thread. great looking trucks guys!

stevens6.7

Reaction score
No. you will need a 1.25" block to make a tiny rake. Some guys run F250 blocks but it sits too ass high for me. But with no block at all, it looks like a chitting bulldog.

LOL! Definitely don't want the chitting bulldog look. Where can I find this 1.25"
block?

Yellow1000

Reaction score
If a guy had access to a mill I'd imagine you could make a 1.25 block from a stock one pretty easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Let's put it this way: How can you NOT justify 2-3k on something you will deal with EVERYTIME you're in your truck? Suspension is a big deal, and I'd argue it's one of the most benificial mods you can do to your truck. I will NEVER understand why anyone would go cheap in that area.

Also, for the uninformed: Until you get up in the 3.0 shock range, ALL Carli hardware is the same, the only difference is the shock package. So you can buy the coils, track bar and add a packs, for about 1-1.5k. Shocks are anywhere from 600 for a set all the way to 4K a set.

sootie

Reaction score
Let's put it this way: How can you NOT justify 2-3k on something you will deal with EVERYTIME you're in your truck? Suspension is a big deal, and I'd argue it's one of the most benificial mods you can do to your truck. I will NEVER understand why anyone would go cheap in that area.

Also, for the uninformed: Until you get up in the 3.0 shock range, ALL Carli hardware is the same, the only difference is the shock package. So you can buy the coils, track bar and add a packs, for about 1-1.5k. Shocks are anywhere from 600 for a set all the way to 4K a set.

Please direct me to where i can buy the product that cheap?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Not everyone has thousands to drop on a full suspension package....that's how they can not justify it.
Also, everyone doesn't need the whole package. Spacers and blocks are just fine for most people. I started with just that then decided to add onto what I had....which makes the fact that we can buy parts alacarte even better. If you don't have the money up front you can build it a little at a time.

Notneb

Reaction score
Please direct me to where i can buy the product that cheap?

When I get home I'll link the site I used. Basically you can build any package, based on what you plan to do with the truck.

As for the money, I guess I'm just the "save up for the best product" type. If I don't have the money, I wait. I see no point in rushing something based on financial constraints... But you're right, not everyone wants a full set up, but the guys who say: I wish I could afford a Carli, need to just wait. I mean if that's what you want, what is the harm in waiting?

Tim1216

Reaction score
Let me clarify, I would spend the money, I just don't plan on keeping this truck for much longer. I plan to trade it in for a new body style f350 in probably 2018 or so (don't want a first year for them and would like to see reviews of it first and how the aluminum body is). That's why I wouldn't spend the money on this truck. However, a new one or a truck I plan to keep for 5+ years then yes I absolutely would get a Carli system

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Stackedup6.7

Reaction score
Just ordered my rims and tires yesterday, getting ready to pull the trigger on a Carli 2.5" coils,shocks,adjustable track bar and caster correction shims. Anyone know if I put the leveling kit on with my stock rims and tires and get a front end alignment like the kit says will I be good to just throw on the new rims and tires when they come in even tho they are a different size?

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Just ordered my rims and tires yesterday, getting ready to pull the trigger on a Carli 2.5" coils,shocks,adjustable track bar and caster correction shims. Anyone know if I put the leveling kit on with my stock rims and tires and get a front end alignment like the kit says will I be good to just throw on the new rims and tires when they come in even tho they are a different size?

Would want to wait for sure

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.