The difference between 60 PSI & 65

PsRumors

Reaction score
is amazing. When I put my e-fuel system in I set the regulator at 60 PSI and have been very happy with the performance. Immediately the motor was much smoother, throttle response was better and it seemed quieter.

Well today, just for ****s and giggles I turned the pressure up to 65 PSI. The throttle response is much much better. The truck has much more guts when first stepping on the pedal.

Just how much pressure can the injectors take? Would it be worth trying 70? 70 just seems a bit much....

purpleheart350

Reaction score
No balls....hahahaha
It aint my truck so I would say do it, and if its to much its a reason to get injectors. hahahaha. If you do it and it works out let us know how it goes

davey99ps

Reaction score
Everything I have read has said 65psi is where you want it. Anything more an your basically just overworking your fuel pump. I guess its worth a try to experiment a lil, but I wouldn't get to carried away.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Ive had the best luck with a min. of 65. I had my regulator accidently back down a few months back to 60ish and I could tell a significant power loss. Havent really tried anything above 70.

TyCorr

Reaction score
This one sounds like its dependent upon the specifics of each vehicle. Does the differing psi settings correlate to inj size at all?

jngreen

Reaction score
I wonder if it really varies so much from truck to truck, or if it is the guages reading the pressure that vary from truck to truck. I have a hard time believing that all these guages are calibrated and read exactly the same across all brands.

I would try to find what pressure feels good for you, and not worry so much about what works for others. I think that 65 psi is a good place to start, and work up or down from there.

lossscause

Reaction score
So without doing much research on this - is there a procedure for adjusting this using stock components? (I don't have e-fuel) Is this shimming the FPR?

Reaction score
is amazing. When I put my e-fuel system in I set the regulator at 60 PSI and have been very happy with the performance. Immediately the motor was much smoother, throttle response was better and it seemed quieter.

Well today, just for ****s and giggles I turned the pressure up to 65 PSI. The throttle response is much much better. The truck has much more guts when first stepping on the pedal.

Just how much pressure can the injectors take? Would it be worth trying 70? 70 just seems a bit much....

So you just got an Air Dog II?
I just recently installed a FASS 150GPH HD on my 97, and FASS claims not to run over 55psi due to so called pump "overload" So for the first week I was running it at just 50 psi and noticed a huge difference from stock...obviously haha But then talking to a couple people Ive begun to play with it and went to 60psi and Just 10psi I noticed a huge difference! Probably going to pump mine up again once I get some bigger Injectors. But just play around with it like everyone else is saying and find your sweet spot.

PsRumors

Reaction score
So you just got an Air Dog II?
I just recently installed a FASS 150GPH HD on my 97, and FASS claims not to run over 55psi due to so called pump "overload" So for the first week I was running it at just 50 psi and noticed a huge difference from stock...obviously haha But then talking to a couple people Ive begun to play with it and went to 60psi and Just 10psi I noticed a huge difference! Probably going to pump mine up again once I get some bigger Injectors. But just play around with it like everyone else is saying and find your sweet spot.

I have been running the ADII since December '10. When installed it I set it at 60PSI and the difference was so great I never played with the pressure. Just for kicks, to see if there was any difference I went to 65 and there was as much difference between 60 and 65 as there was going the stock pump to the ADII.

Latest posts

Members online