Those of you with 5.4 gasser suspension

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I have the 5.4 gasser springs up front with stock shocks and no rear block. When I make hard turns lock to lock it make a squeak grind noise and I can't quite find out what it is yet. Maybe swaybar...Just seeing if anyone else has had this.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Possibly the coil wasn't seated properly against the rests. If you lift the front of the truck up and rotate the coil until the end of the coil butts up against the cast stop you may find the noise disappears.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I put the coils in myself and made sure they were. But that was over a year ago. I'll double check and make sure they are. If that's not it what else should I check?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Depends on the spring

5200 springs lowers about 1 inch 4800 springs about 2 inches after they settle. I buy new. Get them around 200 for the set usually.

As far as the noise it sounds like maybe the tire is rubbing something or a bushing is going out. Also check the sway bar clearance to the drag link out any other suspension part. It could also just be a worn out steering part too

pog

Reaction score
How much does it lower the truck sith the gas springs on and do you guys buy them new? Price?

i went with 4800 springs and it dropped it the front about 2-2.5". also removed the rear block which was 3.75" iirc. got mine through sunrise for about 160 for both.

pog

Reaction score
it sits damn near level. im gonna probably trim the spring a bit so it sits a bit lower in the front. i still have the top load spring

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I know it's not the tire. I'll have to check the sway bar.

I had a 2 inch block in the rear. I have a 250. The front set a inch lower. So I think I have the 4800 spring. Can't remember.
urehapu8.jpg

Blowby

Reaction score
it sits damn near level. im gonna probably trim the spring a bit so it sits a bit lower in the front. i still have the top load spring
Just cut one coil on the front and it's the perfect rake.

Before 4800# cut.

2-1-12_012.jpg

After cut.

Truck_only.jpg

RSK

Reaction score
Glad you guys posted this info, i was just gonna search for info on on the 4800lb springs for my f350 with 22" bmfs on it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.