Thoughts on this stereo set-up

JD3020

Reaction score
Well the faceplate on my 2 year old Pioneer HU is taking a **** on me, works great till it starts to get warm then gets all jumbled up and impossible to read. From what i've read i can spend $100 to fix it, or go buy a brand new one for the same money. LOL So i figured i might as well spend a little money and update my stock 17 year old stereo system.

Plan at the moment is to leave the rear speakers alone, get some nice speakers for the doors, and add an amp under my center seat to power the speakers. Being an OBS i don't have much room for any subs so they are out of the question. I may end up going to front buckets with an 08+ console at some point so i would add a sub and another amp then. Heres the current list of stuff i'm looking at. Looking at a $500 budget.

Kenwood KMM-BT308U- $100

Alpine SPR-60 200W 6.5" 2-Way Type-R Coaxial Speakers w/ Silk Tweeters- $112

Pioneer GM-A5602 450W RMS 2-Channel Amp, 4 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
2 ohms: 225 watts x 2 chan. -$100

Then i figure i'll spend another $200ish on wiring for the amp and speakers(recomendation), and some sound deadner.

jdc753

Reaction score
For those speakers that amp will be a bit overpowering, but not bad, just keep the gain conservative when you set it up. Those speakers are rated for 100w RMS, that 200w value is peak power.

Otherwise everything looks great and sounds like a solid plan. Should get plenty loud and clear with the amp on the speakers, certainly much better than just the 17w from an HU will do.

for wiring check out www.knukonceptz.com and www.sonicelectronix.com both have everything you could need and should have great pricing too.

Latest posts

Members online