Time to build it up

Kyle308

Reaction score
So i posted in the tech section but I should've posted here. I melted my #5 piston. So I have a nice reman long block here now. Here is the list of parts I want to go with.

Warren diesel 190s
Sct livewire Ts
625 arps
Hamilton cams Valvesprings
Coolant filter
S&b intake
We are going to build a sheet metal intake
Hd up pipes
We can not decide what air set up to run just yet either but we are going to run compounds for sure.
As for the transmission it will be built by Doug @ centerline diesel performance in Denver.

We are shooting for numbers close to 600. Please anything else you guys think I should do let me know thanks a lot!!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Sheet metal intake is really overkill if your goal is 600.

You could do that with 190's and an s366.. With essentially no other mods (except head studs)

But if you're set on compounds something along the lines of s362/s475 will make slightly north of 600 (limited by fueling) easily and do anything you could want it do as far as towing, etc.

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
Just my .02 but compounds seem a bit over kill for 600. I'm north of 725 with a modified stock turbo and it runs great. But like I said just my opinion.

Kyle308

Reaction score
Well I'm setting my goals low so I don't get disappointed we will are just gonna build it then hit the dyno and see haha. I also forgot to add a 58v ficim. We are not set on compounds we were just throwing that idea out there. I can get turbos pretty cheap so we will see. It will either be compounds or a 366. He is building a intake dunno if we will use it but I'll have one.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
If compounds are in the budget they are a great option, they leave you with room to grow too. Only reason most people don't go with them is usually just cost.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Just my .02 but compounds seem a bit over kill for 600. I'm north of 725 with a modified stock turbo and it runs great. But like I said just my opinion.

There are some great modified vgt options, but north of 725 is higher than I've ever seen a vgt truck run without the aid of nitrous. Most 68mm vgt trucks make somewhere in the neighborhood of 600-650 with the right fueling.

Stage 3 vgt would also pair up well with the 190's, I'm not sure if it would spool up faster than an s362/s475 setup, I've never been in a truck with either setup.

Kyle308

Reaction score
Yeah I'm thinking compounds just for that exact reason. Great spooling and room to grow. Compounds are in the budget so I figured I will go that route. 725 on a modified Vgt truck is impressive but I don't wanna spray it.

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
Ya I sit right on 680 with no go gas. Charlies 68mm is amazing. I've ran it with 190-75 and now 225-100. 225 is as big as it can hold. Just a little smoke at full boost. The 190s ran great but I decided to go bigger when they went south.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you have an s&b already and that's why you included it? But that won't work with compounds you'll need and want something custom.

Besides that it's a solid start.. I'd add a regulated return and a good fuel system to the list. I highly recommend an a1000 or a fuel lab for your fuel pump

Kyle308

Reaction score
Mind if I smoke those are good none spray numbers!! So I'm gonna safely assume I can break 700!

Six slow. Yeah I already have the intake lol. I agree on the regulated return and fuel system a1000's are nice!

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
I ran an Airdog for about six months and ripped it off for an a1000. Never looked back. Sadly I have to disclose that those where on a local dyno that has been known to be generous with its numbers.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
That may be, but even if those numbers are generous that essentially tells you that it's on the same playing field as an s366 but spools up quicker.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
With our KC68 stage 3 turbo we have guys hit 600-650hp fuel only all day long. Backed up multiple times at the track and dyno. 650-700hp is not as common but we do get those results on really strong running trucks.

700-800hp is also very easy with a little spray.

We are making some tweaks and getting lots of testing done to our stage 3... we are really pushing to make 700hp a more common occurrence on fuel only.

With that said... it is hard to beat the spool up and drive-ability of a good compound kit. All setups have their pluses and minuses. $$$, difficulty to install, and complications are downsides of compound kits. Spool up, power, and towing abilities are the pluses

swinky

Reaction score
With our KC68 stage 3 turbo we have guys hit 600-650hp fuel only all day long. Backed up multiple times at the track and dyno. 650-700hp is not as common but we do get those results on really strong running trucks.

700-800hp is also very easy with a little spray.

We are making some tweaks and getting lots of testing done to our stage 3... we are really pushing to make 700hp a more common occurrence on fuel only.

With that said... it is hard to beat the spool up and drive-ability of a good compound kit. All setups have their pluses and minuses. $$$, difficulty to install, and complications are downsides of compound kits. Spool up, power, and towing abilities are the pluses
Well said. The problem with making 700 fuel only is the lack of trucks with proper hpo. I'm very confident my truck will be north of 700 on fuel with the 369 that's going on it shortly. I would argue that the 369 with proper tuning wouldn't spool much slower than a stage 3 but I will be running a 1.0 housing on it so I know any of your chargers will be far ahead in the spool department.

There's a right setup for every truck and overall If somebody does the homework they won't make a mistake.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
He never said he made 700 on fuel, he said it was on nitrous and a known generous dyno.

The whole vgt vs non-vgt debate is silly. They are different turbos for different goals and driving styles.

Lots of trucks dyno better with the vgt turbos because there's less of a trick to getting them loaded and lit proper.. But anyone that's been around Dyno's knows that those numbers need to be taken with a grain of salt, every dyno is different

You can get away with way more spray on a non vgt without a gate so for those of us that are broke and want to go really fast we go non-vgt.

For those that need more drive-ability and can afford to spend more a vgt with a gate and nitrous can do some pretty crazy ****.. (See YouTube video of my truck making 1300hp)

And for those where money isn't an issue, why not go compounds?

And yeah the hpo issue just sucks.. No really good options either limit yourself when you run out of hpo or give up the reliability of the stock hpo system with a modified pump or dual pumps. Pretty much why I gave up on my 6.0 lol..

Latest posts

Members online