time to upgrade

djr4x4

Reaction score
I'll be a hop skip jump from you next friday.. lol... Not really, but I'll be over in Burnet Friday night and saturday..

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
Well finally got to put music on it, and... No door speaker in the entire truck turns on, put music to the subs and I barely get a rumble out of them so... Gonna buy a plain head unit with blue tooth etc and see if I can't get that to work. I tried to use the factory wires off the head(bought a aftermarket pig tail) ran a cord of 9 wire back to my amp and wired it in guess I need to find a schematic and see if the stock unit goes to the factory amp and then to the door speakers

*KCCO*

djr4x4

Reaction score
Are you running the doors right off the HU or do you have an amp? I pigtailed my wires right off my OEM HU on my VW Golf for my sub and it worked fine. Had all the power I should've had and it came with a OEM amp too... Hmmm.. The Subs should've worked unless Ford has a completely different design...

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
subs did work, door speakers didnt. i mat have to just run speaker wires from all the doors back and just bypass all the stock wiring which is what i didnt want to do

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
put my facory nav unit in it, all door speakers work great, so i dunno what is going on. tomorrow im going to go buy a digital medial player and french it into my ipad mount which is what i didnt wanna do. so im just gonna make sure i have steering wheel controls, bluetooth phone and music and siriusxm while i am at it. im going to get the regular digital medial player in the truck and run 2 more sets of rcas to the back and see if the door speakers power up, if they dont im going to run speaker wire directly to my door speakers to the amp.

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
well said screw it and bought
kenwood kmm-bt312u digital media receiver
idatalink maestro ads-mrr interface module
idatalink connect hrn-rr-fo1 factory integration adapter
siriusxm svx300v1 tuner module

ill retain the factory xm antenna and microphone

djr4x4

Reaction score
Errr.. I could see myself getting aggravated like that too and doing the same thing... lol.. In the end it should sound better and make u a happy person.

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
Got media player in subs work great but still no door speakers work going through the factory harness and I know it's getting sound to the factory harness because I hooked a tweeter up and it works, just no sound to the doors them selves through the factory wiring
Anybody know how to get that to work?

*KCCO*

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
Ok even straight from my new medial player into the stock speakers it doesn't send music to my speakers

*KCCO*

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
got it, coming off the factory amp(under drivers sude dash next to steering column) you have to splice into the large connector with the speaker wires not the small one with the 8 speaker wires

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
So back to getting my iPad put into my dash, last night I got my iPad mount super glued then I epoxied it into the dash. Today I'm doing bondo glass and getting it smooth then I'll take it to my painter to have him paint it tuxedo black like my truck
c1c3b1e7e892b17af209417bc285903d.jpg

*KCCO*

doo dah

Reaction score
Oops, saw that you posted it............sorry

Do you have a final parts list of what you needed to complete this with the iPad, steering wheel control, etc? Don't need amp, speakers, etc...just what it took to run the iPad and make it all work. I gave my old truck to my son and miss the system I put in it and after the quote from the local stereo shop just to put in JL and Focal I decided I'm not too old to still do it myself.

Latest posts

Members online