Tire rotations

Clean-15

Reaction score
How do you guys rotate? Front to back only or cross ways?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clean-15

Reaction score
I did front to back only. I guess I'll start crossing next time. Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
I don't like crossing. Something about turning the tire different ways just doesn't seem right to me.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I don't like crossing. Something about turning the tire different ways just doesn't seem right to me.
You are supposed to to keep them from developing uneven wear patterns. Ask any tire shop how they rotate tires.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Any sensible tire shop will tell you to swap the fronts side to side to the rear to help uneven tire wear... That's what I was always told..

swinky

Reaction score
They even out when they go on the rear.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong. I've just seen a few blown belts right after a rotation. Tires are the most abused part on the truck. Just not a fan of switching the direction they are twisted.

Sterling B.

Reaction score
rotations

fronts swap sides and go to the rear; rears slide straight up to the front. Going to rotate every 2500 miles on the new set of Trail Grapplers... Used to do every 10K, then went to every 5K on my last set of tires (255/85R16 Toyo MT).

hunter_.b

Reaction score
bc86bc361800f71fd75f94662cd75201.jpg

Strokersace

Reaction score
They even out when they go on the rear.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong. I've just seen a few blown belts right after a rotation. Tires are the most abused part on the truck. Just not a fan of switching the direction they are twisted.
Maybe you should buy better tires... Busted belts don't happen from switching the rotation of the tire. They happen because its either a cheap a$$ tire, or they weren't the proper ply rating and the user overloaded them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.