To e-fuel or not?!

d7es3l

Reaction score
Welp, mech pump is leaking... Considering doing efuel from beans diesel! Just have some questions: how long SHOULD the install take? I still have to get to work! Haha. I have stage 1's on a stock hpop as well, should I upgrade? Would a T500 be sufficient? If I go efuel, should I do a bowl delete? Thanks!!

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Welp, mech pump is leaking... Considering doing efuel from beans diesel! Just have some questions: how long SHOULD the install take? I still have to get to work! Haha. I have stage 1's on a stock hpop as well, should I upgrade? Would a T500 be sufficient? If I go efuel, should I do a bowl delete? Thanks!!

With E-Fuel, you get rid of the bowl in the center of the motor. Usually the filters (pre/post) are mounted on the frame by the selector valve along with the pump.

I did my E-Fuel in stages. One day I mounted the filters/pump and the next day the plan was to rip out the mechanical pump and plumb the lines in. Don't be suprised if you find other things wrong. You can read more here:

Here's my thread on PSN
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247345

Do it.

Billy T.
[email protected]

d7es3l

Reaction score
With E-Fuel, you get rid of the bowl in the center of the motor. Usually the filters (pre/post) are mounted on the frame by the selector valve along with the pump.

I did my E-Fuel in stages. One day I mounted the filters/pump and the next day the plan was to rip out the mechanical pump and plumb the lines in. Don't be suprised if you find other things wrong. You can read more here:

Here's my thread on PSN
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247345

Do it.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Good to know! Thanks for your input!

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I bought my kit from No Limit Tuning and Design but modified to my liking. If I know what I know now, I would have built one myself. The good thing about the kits is that you get everything and you don't have to run around gathering parts.

Billy T.
[email protected]

MossBack

Reaction score
Build it yourself! I am into mine less then $300 and I hold 65psi at Wot with 180/100's ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

JD3020

Reaction score
Yep, build it yourself. I'm around $160ish right now total running a Walbro GSL-392, and i cut up and re-used the stock regulator. No gauge yet, but its waaayyy better than the stock mechanical pump.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Here is Marty's kit. The best bang for your buck and he has the best instruction manual out there. Also no hoses to leak between filters. He is a vendor on here and tell him frank sent you
photobucket-6101-1363603990781_zps03032d59.jpg

d7es3l

Reaction score
Has anyone had good luck with beans diesel efuel setup? Do they have good instructions as well?

TERRCO

Reaction score
Like someone else said, do a little at a time till your ready to make the switch. Mount the filters, pump and run your electrical wires. Get your regulator all plumbed and ready. Find a weekend and finish it.

d7es3l

Reaction score
Like someone else said, do a little at a time till your ready to make the switch. Mount the filters, pump and run your electrical wires. Get your regulator all plumbed and ready. Find a weekend and finish it.

yup! I got a little vw rabbit I am fixing up & it should be done & ready this Tuesday! I have Tuesdays & Wednesdays off so I am going to finish it over a couple days!

d7es3l

Reaction score
Will I have to get my chip reburnt for efuel? I plan on getting a T500 & d66 soon, should I hold off on a reburn(if I need one for efuel)? My tunes are from bean's

Nodge

Reaction score
No need to reburn for efuel.
Or a t500 for that matter.

Even a stock 7.3 can benefit from efuel.

Reaction score
No need to reburn for efuel.
Or a t500 for that matter.

Even a stock 7.3 can benefit from efuel.

True, not neccesary... However, to take advantage of the extra icp the t500 can sustain, a reburn would be in order. I personally WOULD reburn for the hpo system, the extra icp make a very noticeable difference in torque and the way the truck pulls. But even as a plug and play, without a reburn, if your current hpop is on its wasy out, you'll still notice a difference.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.