To flush or not

WichitaF250

Reaction score
Flushed coolant 2 years ago put cat elc in with a new oil cooler and egr delete at 60k miles. Well now 85k I have a hight delta about 20-25 at speed, already bought new oil cooler and some restore, restore+. Coolant is real clean, should I just replace oil cooler and put new coolant in or do the flush and chance busting loose 2 years worth of settled crap that's in there?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Well if you flush you should flush BEFORE replacing the new oil cooler so it just gets caught in the old oil cooler. Do you have a coolant filter? I flushed mine at like 90k miles with chemicals and found basically nothing in it. I would at least do a distilled water flush. If it was my truck I'd probably do the chemical flush again, but that's just me.

WichitaF250

Reaction score
Ok I do have a coolant filter but it's only been on a few hundred miles. I will flush and see if that helps before I tear in to it.
From reading on here people are saying to flush with old cooler in and if deltas aren't to bad drive it a while let all the crap settle in old cooler then change cooler?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Correct. Do your flush. Drive it a bit maybe with just distilled water in it to circulate and let the coolant filter and old oil cooler catch all the crap (maybe just drive it for 2 hours or something), drain, do your oil cooler, change the coolant filter and fill with new coolant.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.