to worry or not to worry?

strokedoutlaw

Reaction score
well back in october i had the ford dealer put studs and an egr delete, well back in april i got the truck tuned and was on the way to race a kid with a trans am and it was probably 40-45ish and i know my oil temps and coolant temps were bout 150 160ish and could smell coolant well it stopped within a second it was like a flash scent, well didnt think of it and noticed it puked a drop or two then. i caught it cause when i was pulling the ficm i saw the white residue, so my question is, that was back in april and it hasnt puked since and isnt burning coolant and the exhaust blows black as night when i hop on it should i worry or not? i know i told them to use ford gaskets so their not BOs. like i said its not using coolant like it would have a leak so whats everybodys thoughts??

strokedoutlaw

Reaction score
usually rides above the label on the new ones, had the hgs redone and they put the one with the sticker in and not the one with an actual hard line on the bottle, its bout a half inch below the black part

sly1types

Reaction score
It should barley be in the front of the bottle, around 1/3" while cold. You might be a little overfilled and it bled off a little of the pressure is what you smelled.

strokedoutlaw

Reaction score
well thats were its been filled at since the studs put in, i havent added any or lost any. just one of those things that stays in the back of your head, and when it did happen all it was was 3 or 4 drops

alwil

Reaction score
well thats were its been filled at since the studs put in, i havent added any or lost any. just one of those things that stays in the back of your head, and when it did happen all it was was 3 or 4 drops

If it was only a few drops then they likely spilled some when they filled it.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it just yet, doesn't sound like you have a problem.

With that said, dealer installed ARP's were the shortest amount of time headgaskets lasted in my truck... maybe 10k miles before they popped again. I wouldn't trust a Ford dealer to do the job right unless I knew the tech from here or something.

strokedoutlaw

Reaction score
just dont want to throw money at it again so short and at the moment im trying to save up to put a new roof on my parents house so im limiting expenses, the gaskets have been in for about 10k so far so crossing fingers. i got some pretty wild future plans for this thing coming so im thinking the heads might come off again and be done myself. anybody know anything about the elite diesel heads that you can get from rudys?

Latest posts

Members online