Took the tank to the track!

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Well finally got a chance to take the Tank back to the track. I pulled the tailgate and spare tire for this outing. Aired the tires down to 40psi in the front and 35psi in the rear. Tried leaving at 15lbs and it was just too much. Truck started wheelhopping but I stayed in it and ended up with a 13.57 @ 99.26mph with a 1.90 60ft. I tried again at 8-10lbs and it left good and ended up with a 13.451 @ 99.96 with a 1.842 60 ft. Truck is on 35" Toyos with 3.31 gears and both runs were in 1st gear this time out. I've got to get some stock wheels and tires to run on lol. The front diff was locked and the rear locker was unlocked this time out. On a side note the new Aluminum bodied Ecoboost F150's are nasty. Buddy ran his tune only last night and got a 12.85 @ 102.4 with a 1.71 60ft. Truck is a crewcab 4wd and is stock down to the paper air filters save for the ssi tune!
366108F6-CE08-4F28-876D-23BBE2100234.jpg

Last edited:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
That's quick considering the configuration, axle, and tire combo.

Wow, a cc ecoboost goes 12's tune only? That's nuts.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
That's quick considering the configuration, axle, and tire combo.

Wow, a cc ecoboost goes 12's tune only? That's nuts.

Yea man he told me what it was gonna do and I called BS. I was shocked however when I saw it happen lol. The record right now tune only is 12.6x I believe. It's crazy that's for sure.

Charles

NickPic83

Reaction score
I had a 15 king ranch f150 tuned with afe stage 2 intake and corsa exhaust. They are quick for sure. Will surprise alot of people

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Solid numbers for running 35s leaves hard off the line. What tunes your running bud

Thanks man. I know the truck could leave harder with some smaller all terrains. I was on the I** tune last night. Last time out my best was a 13.71 @ 97 so I'm def happy with the results. Like all things tho, I want it faster lol.

Charles

jwanck11

Reaction score
Yea man he told me what it was gonna do and I called BS. I was shocked however when I saw it happen lol. The record right now tune only is 12.6x I believe. It's crazy that's for sure.

Charles

Another '15 F150 ran 12.5 on that same tuner's tune. The tuner (who is a very close friend of jcain LOL) has 3 15's deep into the 12's - bone stock, tune only.

Makes me miss mine - just a bit.

Nice run though!

jcain

Reaction score
There's one that runs here at Mokan dragway that ran 12.5 tune only. Ssi tuned, that pains me to even type it out.

dseitler

Reaction score
Nice number Charles. Keep up the good fun. Can't wait to run up on a new F150 especially if he had been to the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brock1129

Reaction score
coming from the ecoboost world and me being one that blew his motor. i know how fast those trucks are. but wasnt SSI blowing a lot of motors up? anyhow.. nice #'s

jwanck11

Reaction score
SSI blowing engines is a machination of internet keyboard warriors needing to feed their ego. All tuners and in fact stock engines are blowing. The EB has an inherent weakness: water being ingested into the combustion chamber causing hydrolock and thus rods that turn into projectiles. There is actually an NTSB reaction and response from Ford on the issue - even in stock form.

With a couple of very simple mods to mitigate the issue, an SSi tuned engine turns out ridiculous performance that no one else tuning on the platform can get close to touching.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.