Top side creeper

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Ok after installing my my new adr.hpop I've been looking at top side creepers.chit I'm gettin old my knees,arms and chest just can't take it like they use to.suggestions opinions what to look for what to stay away from or anything else I might need to know???this may need to go in another forum.if so mods.point me in the right direction plz..
Thanks
sqrlgtr

Zmann

Reaction score
there really is only one type as far as i know? the traxxion

i have the new style and weigh 280 it works fine

they missed a few tricks like cables to hold the pins when not ion use and a way to keep it locked folded plus it's a pain to roll folded but sure is nice when doing turbos and needing 2 hands

3-700_2_large.jpg

78f100

Reaction score
I ordered ours from summit, just like the black one in the pic. No problems with it in almost 3 years.

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Yeah been wanting one for awhile and I really want one after spending about 3hrs changing out hpop.they would have to be better than being on your hands knees and stomach.Thanks for the input.
sqrlgtr

78f100

Reaction score
Yes, my age is catching up with me quick after owning a shop for 3 years. They are awesome when you have to spend any amount of time under a hood.

Zmann

Reaction score
they take a bit to set up so if I was doing an alternator i wouldn't bother with it
and I actually owned it a year before i used it doing my oil cooler but it earned its keep that week

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input.I see one of these in the near future for me going be swapping turbos before long......

ToMang07

Reaction score
I have the one on the left side pictured above, other than a chitty folding design on the legs, it is absolutely awesome. Got it cheap and free shipping on Amazon Prime, had it in 1 day. I'm a big guy too, well over 300lbs, and it just works. :rockon:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I about bought one but grabbed one of my aluminum benches instead and it works great.

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Yeah i made a bench out of an old weight bench with a sawmill true 2"x12" board works pretty good but just can't help to think these would be alot easier on my old body parts.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I don't really like them that well, they cut my stomach and my neck hurts from holding my head up after awhile. Im 6'"3 205 so im either too tall or too wimpy to use one right. LOL. I use a aluminum step bench and a thick foam pad every day at work

JD3020

Reaction score
I'm 5'9/180 and it can get a little uncomfortable at times, i've been thinking about adding some more padding as the crap thats on it is basically worthless.

As for folding i don't have an issue with it. Our shop is super small so i have to fold it up and roll it away everytime i use it. Only 2 pins and the legs fold up, i have a string with a knot tied to it to hold them up.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I don't really like them that well, they cut my stomach and my neck hurts from holding my head up after awhile. Im 6'"3 205 so im either too tall or too wimpy to use one right. LOL. I use a aluminum step bench and a thick foam pad every day at work

You're the perfect size. I was that size until i was 32. Now im 250-265. A skinny one though.

Edit: screw a strap to the bottom support of the hood. Adjust it so it hangs your head. Not joking.

Jomax

Reaction score

Until that dumb aluminum bench slide away from your feet and your dangling all your weight on your gut. It sucks.

I LOVE my topside creeper. I'm 5'11" 195lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fbilly420

Reaction score
I love my top side creeper. My only complaint is it does not fold. It takes up a lot of room when stored other than that I love it.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Until that dumb aluminum bench slide away from your feet and your dangling all your weight on your gut. It sucks.

I LOVE my topside creeper. I'm 5'11" 195lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That does suck LOL. I don't have a gut to catch myself so i end up raking my entire body off the front of a 6.0 way too often.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I love my topside creeper as well. I have the "classic" style, as i had used one before. I went from having access to one, to using old seat cushions to lay on and hating life till i finally bought one. Im a fat ass and it holds me pretty decent, 6'1 275-280

Latest posts

Members online