Tow Xtreme atmospher upgrade?

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
The elite website says you can run it with your stock VGT.. thats a really small turbo, something like a 55mm? the elite towX is much bigger turbo with a 76mm compressor could there be a big spool up gap or dead spot between the two? correct me if im wrong but I kinda remember hearing that even the tow extreme compounds were kinda like that, an that proper gate setup was key.. I dont know much about turbos but isnt this an S400 turbo? by precision turbo?.. what im getting at is if you could adapt this turbo with elite parts to the stock vgt couldnt you adapt pretty much any s400 turbo with the same housing to the stock vgt? hope thats not a stupid question. anyway this elite setup looks pretty slick. thoughts?

jdgleason

Reaction score
The elite website says you can run it with your stock VGT.. thats a really small turbo, something like a 55mm? the elite towX is much bigger turbo with a 76mm compressor could there be a big spool up gap or dead spot between the two? correct me if im wrong but I kinda remember hearing that even the tow extreme compounds were kinda like that, an that proper gate setup was key.. I dont know much about turbos but isnt this an S400 turbo? by precision turbo?.. what im getting at is if you could adapt this turbo with elite parts to the stock vgt couldnt you adapt pretty much any s400 turbo with the same housing to the stock vgt? hope thats not a stupid question. anyway this elite setup looks pretty slick. thoughts?

You can run the tow-x atmosphere with your stock high pressure turbo. There will be no "dead spot" in between them at all. The x atmosphere spools quickly and feeds a ton of air to the high pressure. It is not an s400 turbo, it is made by precision. You would need our casting, feed and drain lines, fittings, etc to make a different charger work. The tow x atmosphere would include all of this.

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
ok thanks for clearing that up didnt really make sense just had to double check. I like this setup. isnt this the same atmosphere charger thats in the high powers?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.