Towing light load with Truck thats stuck in SCT street

JoshFulk

Reaction score
I am moving about 1.5 hrs of driving and just going to be renting a small UHaul Trailer with my truck that is stuck in Sct street due to low voltage error during the tuning process of the truck that I can't seem to find why that's happening. If I am only going to have maybe as much as just over 2,000-2,500 pounds including trailer and boxes inside do you think Ill be fine or should I try and get it tuned to a tow tune or stock even tho its not that much weight with 2 axles on the UHaul trailer.

johnp115

Reaction score
I towed a 10k lb generator 5hrs with my old 6.0 on IDP's XtremeStreet tune.. the truck had 190/stock injectors and a billet compressor wheel on the turbo, no studs on the truck and it was lifted on 35's.

You're fine lol.

Id say once you get up 7,8,9,10k + lbs and combining that with longer distances then you're going to be more concerned about a tow tune.

JoshFulk

Reaction score
I towed a 10k lb generator 5hrs with my old 6.0 on IDP's XtremeStreet tune.. the truck had 190/stock injectors and a billet compressor wheel on the turbo, no studs on the truck and it was lifted on 35's.

You're fine lol.

Id say once you get up 7,8,9,10k + lbs and combining that with longer distances then you're going to be more concerned about a tow tune.

Thanks yea just perinoid I guess but hate to not ask then end up on the rack because I Didn't ask. I know I will have to get it fixed before I go to load up the Calysds down home and that but just haven't pulled anything while tuned just been loading up the bed and tired of makeing little bitty trips with boxes. Thanks for the help

johnp115

Reaction score
Thanks yea just perinoid I guess but hate to not ask then end up on the rack because I Didn't ask. I know I will have to get it fixed before I go to load up the Calysds down home and that but just haven't pulled anything while tuned just been loading up the bed and tired of makeing little bitty trips with boxes. Thanks for the help

No problem man, my truck towed alot better when tuned and id say you really could tow whatever you wanted on SCT street. Its not a wild tune like an xtremestreet, xtremerace and other bigger tunes that people offer.. and as long as you're not trying to hurt the truck you're not gonna.. The tune just gives it a little more ass to pull whatever you're towing

Mdub707

Reaction score
Pretty sure IDP told me way back when I got my original street tune it was safe to tow up to 10k lbs with, but don't quote me. Just drive sensibly and you'll be fine, the street is a good mild tune.

RSK

Reaction score
my buddy has been towing 12-14k in idp extreme race for almost 10 years now, but his truck is studded, other then at its stock and at 190 its fine, his trans never skips a beat, he does have to let out a little on some hills because of egt's but for the most part it's fine, he actually hasn't even driven the truck in years, he's got other people driving it, and beating on it too. no break downs yet.

jdc753

Reaction score
yea I wouldn't worry at all till you are getting over 10k. I usually never drop out of my race tune, but most towing I do is around town or under 10k for cars and little stuff.

Plus if you are smart with your driving and drive it like a big load you can help it out easier, get a run on the hills, don't let it lug down and be smart about it. But 2,500lbs will be nothing.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've towed similar weights on x-street before. You could do it if you have the self control. I never really had any issues with trans temp or EGT's actually, Innovatives tunes always ran well, but EOT and ECT would get out of control in a hurry on some hills.

JoshFulk

Reaction score
Well went smooth with sct street Trans temp only got to 175F and EOT 215F AND ECT212 JUST GOING up and down the hills pulled nice and easy once loaded probably pulled around the 4000lbs mark and got 13.5mpg on the 150 mile round trip

Latest posts

Members online