Towing sway

sledhead21

Reaction score
I have not owned a newer 6.7 but I had a 08 6.4 and had a leveling kit. When I had the 6.4 when i pulled a enclosed trailer I was always white knuckled because of the trailer swaying. I therefore switched to my duramax now which pulls straight. Have any of you experienced this or have a fix? I would like to atleast level the truck if i got a 6.7.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Were both trucks configured the same?? This is an apples to oranges comparsion without knowing the configurations of each truck.

dmd

Reaction score
Hensley Arrow hitch. Feels like truck and trailer are welded together on the highway

DTL

Reaction score
Lots of factors can cause trailer sway. Not all of them have anything to do with the truck. If the axle alignment on the trailer is wacky, it'll sway, or try to kill you (ask me how I know). A sign of this is odd, uneven tire wear on the trailer tires. Uneven loading can cause odd towing behavior as well. A friend's 30' enclosed tag has a large, heavy set of toolboxes and benches in the nose. It tows great with the racecar in it. Unloaded, it's a nightmare. Lots of things to check, before you blame the truck.

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
A lot of the 6.7s do not come with the rear sway bar. Me and 2 of the other guys at the shop have the same setup leveled with 22s and 35s and our trucks towed horrible. We all got the rear sway bar kit from ford and the trucks towed completely different. Well worth the money for the kit.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.