Toyo Open Country RTs

dsberman94

Reaction score
This is my buddy's truck. I think the tire size comes out to around a 33x10. He's had them 2 months and loves the way they're wearing. Just rotated them for the first time today at 4000 miles. Waiting for winter to see how they'll do in snow and longevity overall.
eeb8f00114d690ea0a28f84e42e8508b.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
Probably never checked a mirror. Lol. Jk

But it's a little overdone for my tastes as well. But he's happy with it and that's all that matters to him.

swinky

Reaction score
This is my buddy's truck. I think the tire size comes out to around a 33x10. He's had them 2 months and loves the way they're wearing. Just rotated them for the first time today at 4000 miles. Waiting for winter to see how they'll do in snow and longevity overall.
eeb8f00114d690ea0a28f84e42e8508b.jpg
It an ecoboost?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

1BD9D7

Reaction score
My initial impression is I don't like it but... It's just over-done, pretty much the window stickers, aftermarket hood, and the silver painted grille parts are what I'm questioning, otherwise it would look cool. Btw does the aftermarket bumper allow enough air to the cooler?

dsberman94

Reaction score
My initial impression is I don't like it but... It's just over-done, pretty much the window stickers, aftermarket hood, and the silver painted grille parts are what I'm questioning, otherwise it would look cool. Btw does the aftermarket bumper allow enough air to the cooler?

seems to be fine on the IC. Supposedly the bumper originally came out for the non IC gas engines. When the building company figured out that the bumper needed to have more air for the forced air engines with an IC they put those holes on the lower portion. There's actually not even a hole behind the license plate. doesn't seem to affect performance at all. i can put my hand on it after he tows my superduty over a small mountain on a trailer and its not hot at all. It still got around 17-18 mpg tuned when turning 35" tires, so i wouldn't say its affecting it.

Also, the silver isn't paint. Its the factory chrome sanded and ready to paint but he liked it looking like brushed stainless, so it stayed that way. He had it at the Bloomsburg, PA 4 Wheel Jamboree and it gots lots of attention and people who liked it. Also its kinda funny watching people tilt their heads different directions trying to read the sides of the air ram, but its just normal letters. I'm waiting to search that on instagram one day and the truck pops up there.

But enough about that. back to the tire talk.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
4.5" Icon lift, 12.5 wide tires , 22x10 w/4.5 bs and -44 offset iirc.......I think you might have issues with rubbing..Just ask Josh.......

Do you have any pics of your setup? I believe we have the same color truck if I remember right. I'm currently on 37 inch trail grapplers and I hate them in the rain. There's hardly any siping and they spin way to easy.

jacobdewey

Reaction score
How is the ride? I know my at2 ride wayyyyyy smoother than my mt's. The carcass is just too stiff on the mts for all the nasty roads I drive on. How are the rt's in comparison?

Jeremy

Reaction score
I was told the RT uses the AT2's casing. I know the RT's I'm running are smoother than my MT's as well.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I prefer my R/Ts at this point over the M/T. They're damn close in comparison IMO to the AT2, AT2 has a higher load rating though. But my R/T's ride really good for how aggressive they are and road noise is very minimal.

R/T's hook good on 4wd Launches! I found that out ha.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I was behind an F250 this morning with RT's on it. Looked to be 37's if I had to guess. They were friggin loud...as in I could hear them over my 35" AT2's with the windows up and radio on. I was bummed...I want them for my next tires really bad but I can't stand loud tires.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Really? That loud? I was just looking too. I have 35s but 33s are on the menu too.

Latest posts

Members online