trac bar ball joint

ricg

Reaction score
hey fellas just got my updated hiem joint from ICON and going to start on it tonight. i was wonderding if anybody had a parrt number for the ball joint on the other side for it? is there a aftermarket one? if so where can i get it from?

Thanks

ricg

Reaction score
i have a bad case of the "DEATH WOBBLES" and figured that was part of the issue. i know the bushings in the hiem joint are toast.

B.Warning

Reaction score
Are your tie rods good? Reason I ask is that my wifes truck did the same thing and turns out her tie rods were toast.

MrMike2010

Reaction score
I changed mine out when I upgraded to icons track bar. It's definitely a pia but a 4x4 ball joint press it comes right. I bought one at harbor freight and it worked fine. Just tightened it the tapped the end with a hammer and repeated till it popped. Best place to get the ball joint I found was rock auto. Like $42 shipped

ricg

Reaction score
well the part needed to be signed for in order to be dropped-off so i will pick them up today and try it again. the tie-rods look ok for now. the only thing i really notice that was bad was the hiem joint and bushing.. i could move it with my hand quite a bit. Do you happen to have a part number for the ball joint form rock auto?

MorganY

Reaction score
Assuming the 07 and 08 have the same trac bar ball joint... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355342852.547124.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355342896.820386.jpg

Latest posts

Members online