trac bars

bjmunderwater

Reaction score
I know this topic has been up before but for sone reason I cant use the search button . Anywho trac bars , who do you use and do you like them have been looking at o.u.o. and
Cal tracs. I imagine that both are well made products but very different in price. But also ive seen that you get what you pay for. So let me hear your thoughts

bjmunderwater

Reaction score
Welp, thanks for talking me into it been wanting to did it just couldnt pull the trigger . But already pushed the button haha.

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
An old friend that went by the screen name firstonraceday on another forum ran caltracs and I saw his time slips and he was cutting 1.5's 60 ft times with Elite conventional 225's and their old stage 1 VGT turbo that was around 2005-2006. It was a white regular cab truck with 29" street slicks I believe. Can't remember his name and haven't seen anything from him in a long time I think he got out of the diesel game. And I've got CalTrac's on my red truck but haven't got to test them out yet. They are an extremely well made piece though I can tell you that fo sho.

tensixniner

Reaction score
An old friend that went by the screen name firstonraceday on another forum ran caltracs and I saw his time slips and he was cutting 1.5's 60 ft times with Elite conventional 225's and their old stage 1 VGT turbo that was around 2005-2006. It was a white regular cab truck with 29" street slicks I believe. Can't remember his name and haven't seen anything from him in a long time I think he got out of the diesel game. And I've got CalTrac's on my red truck but haven't got to test them out yet. They are an extremely well made piece though I can tell you that fo sho.

Can you share some pics?

MrMike2010

Reaction score
I have set of pmf's on their way so I can't comment on them just yet. My brother has caltracs on his 6.0 and while they do cut some awesome 60' times they are extremely noisy. They clunk over every bump and every time u get on and off the throttle. We tried everything from a heavy preload to backing them all the way off. Still clunk like crazy. We even went to the extent of taking some vacuum hose and sliding it on the pin that rests on the leaf spring to see if it will quiet it some. While this was a temp fix and it did take some of the clunk out, we then found out the rest of the noises came from the heim joints. For strictly drag racing, caltracs are the way to go. For an everyday DD, conventional traction bars are the way to go. I'd say either pmf or ouo. Can't go wrong with either.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Ive been running OUO bars on everything since 2010, after my first experience with Fabtech bars. Cant say I will ever buy another type of bar again, and everyone else I know thats switched to OUO bars would probably say the same

Thats my vote

Jared:thumbsup:

madman1234509

Reaction score
I know many people think pro comps are cheesy, and honestly they arent very heavy duty and the way they mount them is kind of lame and not very strong or preventative towards axle wrap..... But I did have pro comp bars on my 2008. I had them custom mounted, the read mount was custom made and welded to the axle tube. The front was custom made and bolted to the frame. I also ordered pro comes urethane bushings they use in their regular kit. The bars made no noise and absolutely firmed up shifting to thr point that I dont think it ever missed shifts. The bars never bent or anything crazy and are still holding on the truck today

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
Guys that had the noisy CalTrac's did the solid aluminum bushings that replaced the factory rubber bushings did you ever look to see if they might have wore some and got loose. That might be where some of the noise is coming from. I was thinking about that when I was installing mine. I just thought that the aluminum might get wore prematurely being inside the harder steel. May try getting some made of steel from a machine shop and see if that helps. Just an idea.

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
Very happy with my pro comps, quiet, way better shift quality, ive beat on them pretty good to an havent had any issues.

B.Warning

Reaction score
Ive been running OUO bars on everything since 2010, after my first experience with Fabtech bars. Cant say I will ever buy another type of bar again, and everyone else I know thats switched to OUO bars would probably say the same

Thats my vote

Jared:thumbsup:

Yea but come on man....does anyone really take your advise?

LOL

Latest posts

Members online