Track bar vs bracket

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
So I've been looking at lifts 2.5 -4.5 inch. I had a 2006 6.0 that I just ran a Donahoe 2.5 inch kit and did nothing with the track bar. Now I have a 2010 and most the kits recommend a track bar or a drop down bracket. But the icon 2.5 kit doesn't use one. Now my question is it needed and which is better the adjustable track bar or the bracket?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

mustube

Reaction score
A drop bracket will make the truck ride better, as long as you get a good drop pitman at the same time. An adjustable or aftermarket track bar will be much stronger though.

Jayz

Reaction score
Doing a 2.5" leveling kit shifts the axle to the driver side. As long as it drives fine and th fact that the axle ain't centered doesn't bother u, leave it! Ready lift makes a drop bracket that'll work with stock pitman arm. Or find an adajustable trackbar. Don't buy a big drop bracket as then you'll need a drop pitman arm to match the drop to keep the track bar and drag link parrell to keep bump stop away....plus with just a 2.5" lift there aint enough room for the clearance of a 4" plus drop bracket

zilla68

Reaction score
the drop track bar bracket must match the drop pitman arm, so if you use a 3" drop pitman you should use a 3" drop track bar bracket, IIRC

mustube

Reaction score
Yeah, if you don't keep your drag link and track bar parallel then you will get into some bump steer.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
So with just a track bar, the bar is just extended to make up for the difference and no other brackets are needed?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

zilla68

Reaction score
the track bar itself is probably pretty close to stock, like mine is/was on my obs. but I needed the drop track bar bracket also. pmf has pics on the site

mustube

Reaction score
With an adjustable track bar you are able to adjust the bar out enough to have your axle centered without any other brackets.

Latest posts

Members online