Tranny od light flashing again..

AKHILF

Reaction score
Well back about 6 months ago maybe a little bit longer around 7,000 miles my od light is flashing again. It happened last friday and today. The first tranny I beat on pretty good so understood why it went out. This tranny i'v been easy on. I did get a few shift flares in the beginning but havnt had one in a couple months. And last week and today the truck felt normal even when the light is on it happened in the same spot less than a mile from home. Last week I reflashed it and its been good since then. Today I got to my drive way put it in reverse to make sure it wasnt going to be hopping like the last tranny did.Then i put it in drive and it skipped 1st. Reflashed it and were good again. This is more of a rant than anything but maybe you guys have some idea's of what I can do.The plan for the next one is to just to have a local rebuild this one with a sun coast kit and have another local build me a torque converter. He makes most of them for the drag strip guys up here. I wish I could get nadp or another good brand but shipping kills to Alaska

Mdub707

Reaction score
That sucks. Mine was the same way. My tow haul would flash any time I tried using the actual tow haul function and just stop shifting, but with it off, it seemed fine.

Careful with who builds it, I've read a few horror stories about guys who build transmissions for gas stuff trying to do a diesel Trans/converter...

AKHILF

Reaction score
I have two friends that both have duramax's and they used this guy. He has a true warrenty also. He will replace it no matter what. I dont know what to do about a torque converter though. My goal is to do a 66 and 205's at least next summer so it would be nice to have a converter for that so im not doing this twice.

Mdub707

Reaction score
You might have to do the diverter twice, once for each setup... Those are two way different setups. Well as long as the guy stands behind his work, you should be good.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I tried to read codes with my sct and nothing came up. Last time this happened I took it to ford for them to put a tranny in it and the reflashed the whole trucks and lost my tunes and ficm tune. I dont have a stock file on my excal 2

Mdub707

Reaction score
One of the tuners should be able to get you a stock tune? If not, why didn't it save a stock tune this last time when they reflashed everything?

I don't think the sct is the best option for reading transmission trouble codes either. Get it on a real scanner.

AKHILF

Reaction score
Well its happened a couple more times since. Iv always re flashed it right when It happens but today I just let it sit and went out there just now and it isnt flashing. So I guess if it sits for a little bit it will go away. My gauges have a button I push to see what the highest or lowest the reading has ever been and the tranny has never been over 158*. It happens as soon as I get on the off ramp off the highway and start coasting. My excal 2 didnt save my stock tune. There are not any tranny shops around me to pull codes or dealerships and it only starts flashing on my way to my house its never happend going into town. Its just really weird.

AKHILF

Reaction score
Got the codes back guys P0765 and P0768
Possible causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shift solenoid 4 valve
- Shift solenoid 4 valve harness or connectors
- Shift solenoid 4 valve circuit is open or shorted

P0765 is a solenoid electrical circuit open failure
P0768 is a solenoid electrical circuit failure
what solenoid is control D?