trans issues after broken aremet shaft

patrickpsd

Reaction score
I broke an aremet input shaft the other day which also took out the pump. Sent my converter out to be cleaned. In the mean time I got a used pump and put the trans back together with stock input shaft and stockish converter.

Truck acts like it want to move but wont. Trys a little if you rev it up. The pressure in drive or in rev at idle with foot on the brake and no throttle goes from 60psi and kinda jumps around slowly building to 360psi an goes back down to 60 then works its way back up p to 360. I posted a video on the 6.4 fb page. Not sure how to past videos on here. After I checked the pressure I pulled the trans back out.

Tore pump back apart and everything looks good. Valves all move free. Gear is good. No scoring. Tore trans completely down. Inspected all clutches and seals. Pulled vavle body apart cleaned inspected. Changed gasket in-between vavle body and changed the pressure seloide and intermediate one. Put it all back together and same issue. Anyone have any ideas?

patrickpsd

Reaction score
So far after breaking an input shaft I replaced broken parts and trans didn't work. Pulled it back you completely went thru it and back together still didn't work. Swaped valve body's and still. Pulled back out and replaced used pump with new one. Still no luck. As far as I know torque converter worked when I pulled it out last year. Stockish one with very few miles on it jistcto get by while my good converter is out getting cleaned. Would a bad converter make pressures jump like they do at idle in gear? Or possible cracked case? Any help would be appreciated. Getting sick of pulling trans in and out

Latest posts

Members online