trans overflow?

Newstroker

Reaction score
Well I towed a enclosed 28' trailer the other day and when I got home I noticed there was some trans fluid on the trailer and under my truck. So i inspected and saw a little bit of fluid under the truck and cleaned it up.

I just had this trans installed and am wondering if they overfilled the trans while the fluid was cold...if so, where would the fulid push out when it gets warm?

I drove the truck yesterday and it did not leak a drop. so I am not sure what it going on.

Thank you,

Paul

Last edited:

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
Well I towed a enclosed 28' trailer the other day and when I got home I noticed there was some trans fluid on the trailer and under my truck. So i inspected and saw a little bit of fluid under the truck and cleaned it up.

I just had this trans installed and am wondering if they overfilled the trans while the fluid was cold...if so, where would the fulid push out when it gets warm?

I drove the truck yesterday and it did not leak a drop. so I am not sure what it going on.

Thank you,

Paul

Yes, overfilling can cause fluid to vent. What temps did the fluid reach while towing?

pog

Reaction score
There is a breather hole on the top side of the trans. Can't see it but if you run your hand along the top side its just after the bell housing iirc.

Newstroker

Reaction score
Trans temps stayedf pretty cool, but they were maybe 15-20 degrees warmer then normal climbing a few LONG hills.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
Most likely was overfilled, if there overfilled by as little as 1 quart they can vent fluid at operating temp.

Latest posts

Members online