Trans rebuild redux

VC-Racing

Reaction score
Trucks been fine until Saturday. Lost all forward and reverse. Got truck to trans shop this morning, get a phone call @ 1600 and he tells me the case is cracked.

Flash back to 2004, trans takes a dump @ 55k , truck under warranty. Take truck to Ford dealer they install a factory reman unit. Fast forward to 1600 today found out factory reman unit housing has had a repair to the housing. Seems the tech that built the reman unit saw fit to save the company some money and use something like JB weld to repair the cracked case... So now I'm stuck with no truck and got to pay for new housing...... Pic to come tomorrow.

I don't know if its standard practice to do something as stupid as that, but that case should have never been used. I'm going to call Ford CS tomorrow, I know it may not do any good, but it'll make me feel a lil better....

So, be fore warned. If you have a factory reman unit in your truck, some jackhole may have done the same thing......

Vic

VC-Racing

Reaction score
Update. Here are the pics . 2011-10-28_11-49-02_598.jpg

2011-10-28_11-49-44_162.jpg

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
That really sucks bud! I know yelling at someone always makes me feel a little better lol. I know it’s wishful thinking but hopefully you get some resolution from Ford.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
this is why you dont buy reman'd or recon'd anything...

VC-Racing

Reaction score
Sadly, I had no choice back in 04. It was done under warranty... Warranty rep flat out refused to do a new unit, was told reman was the only way they would pay or I could eat it and pay the $5000 ( do a BTS) plus $1500 for the extended warranty I had already paid for.... or $3500 plus the $1500 extended warranty for a local shop rebuild .. Either way I got royally pooch screwed by the Blue oval...

Gonna see the owner of the dealership who originally sold me the truck and did the warranty work on Friday. I get to show him the handy work that Ford has decided to put out in the market place... Should get interesting.......

TyCorr

Reaction score
If there is anyway to prove that the case was junk when they did the work in the first place, he should repair it. Rebuild the trans for you with a good case and send you on your way with a warranty would be sweet but Id not expect the warranty part.

VC-Racing

Reaction score
All I want them to do is reimburse me for the case.... Ford CS was a joke, they did refer me to the dealer who did the original work in 04, they told me the dealer has other avenues to take regarding something like this.. So, I hope to get the ball rolling on Friday.....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.