Trans setting with SCT

kurtforkner

Reaction score
Ok I am running a SCT Livewire tuner on the performance tune and the matching performance tcm tune. I not crazy about the shifting and wanted any advice on were to set my shifts. I can change each shift at WOT between -3 and 7 mph.

I plan on getting custom tunes from innovative but for the mean time I would like to know what others have been running with the canned tunes.

Thanks in advance

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Ok I am running a SCT Livewire tuner on the performance tune and the matching performance tcm tune. I not crazy about the shifting and wanted any advice on were to set my shifts. I can change each shift at WOT between -3 and 7 mph.

I plan on getting custom tunes from innovative but for the mean time I would like to know what others have been running with the canned tunes.

Thanks in advance

Get some gearhead tunes and be done....

f350guy

Reaction score
When I ran the canned stuff I just ran the stock trans shift points with increased firmess I think. Been so long I cannot recall if firmness was even an option.

Spend the $100 for a tune from someone else, you will not believe the difference in power and shift quality. I just went to the GH hot street from the IDP street, nice boost in power! More than I was expecting for such a modest increase.

kurtforkner

Reaction score
I plan on getting custom tunes in the near future have a few other things to take care of first. Tires and lift mainly but I was looking for something to bridge the gap between now and then. I played with it a little and found the setting I like

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
Run the firmer shifts on the base tunes. They actually aren't that firm, but perfect for holding 450rwhp or so and will keep the trans safe. The shifts will settle in after a few miles.

Latest posts

Members online