Transmission rebuilds?

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
What's a mild upgrade transmission rebuild typically cost? Not including the labor to remove & reinstall.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Well, I bought a converter for 1200, rebuild kit for 900, shift kit for 45, tcs hd input shaft for 360. Plus all paper and rubber gaskets

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
What was labor charges? As in, tearing the transmission down & installing parts.

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
I just picked my truck up today from the shop, had a 1600 stall converter Billit input and elite competition rebuild kit with transgo shift kit put in, shifts hard for my taste but I haven't reflashed the tranny and done a relearn so it might just need to adapt. When we tore into the hard parts there were a lot of damage done including the forward hub and some other part that I can't remember the name of now

MINK

Reaction score
I just picked my truck up today from the shop, had a 1600 stall converter Billit input and elite competition rebuild kit with transgo shift kit put in, shifts hard for my taste but I haven't reflashed the tranny and done a relearn so it might just need to adapt. When we tore into the hard parts there were a lot of damage done including the forward hub and some other part that I can't remember the name of now

Traction bars will calm it down.

A local dodge competiton trans builder here in central Ohio built mine - we used all Elite clutch/hard parts with a DPC converter. Much better prices when dealing with a smaller personalized shop IMO ...guess it didnt hurt he is a very close friend either :D

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
What horse power are you wanting to push?

I just have gear head tunes, studded, 4inch turbo back, full egr delete & CAI!! After putting a reman long block & 8 injectors in it after only owning it 4 months.... I'm not doing anything else to it!!!!

Main reason for buying was to tow the boat!! Feels as if the trans is slipping pretty good if I get on it. Just normal driving is fine, no issues when I had the boat hooked to it the other day 11,000lbs give or take.

Crack85

Reaction score
What horse power are you wanting to push?

I just have gear head tunes, studded, 4inch turbo back, full egr delete & CAI!! After putting a reman long block & 8 injectors in it after only owning it 4 months.... I'm not doing anything else to it!!!!

Main reason for buying was to tow the boat!! Feels as if the trans is slipping pretty good if I get on it. Just normal driving is fine, no issues when I had the boat hooked to it the other day 11,000lbs give or take.

Damn, what happened to it that it needed a reman?

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Pretty sure it spun a main a lot of shavings, didn't really dig into it as it was getting shipped back as a core.

Moremph

Reaction score
Traction bars will calm it down.

A local dodge competiton trans builder here in central Ohio built mine - we used all Elite clutch/hard parts with a DPC converter. Much better prices when dealing with a smaller personalized shop IMO ...guess it didnt hurt he is a very close friend either :D

I have been trying to get ahold of said shop for two weeks now???

madman1234509

Reaction score
What was labor charges? As in, tearing the transmission down & installing parts.

Not exactly sure yet, still waiting to get some spare time to have it torn into. But we talked about it and it seemed like probably 600-800, which was for everything... Taking it out, the rebuild,gaskets, fluid and putting it back in.... As long as nothing else needs to be replaced.

Latest posts

Members online