Transmission slip

Lyrch

Reaction score
I've had my truck 2 years it's always been slow taking off I thought it was just turbo lag. Seems like its getting worst now. I'm not sure when it started but today I noticed the rpms jump about 1000 when I hit it. But I also don't here the turbo kick in then. Takes it about 10-15 seconds to get moving good. Sometimes when I run it around 95 mph when I let off it shifts hard. I'm not sure anymore if it's a turbo problem or I'm about to loose my trans. Trucks a 03 6.0 cc 4x4 with 81,000 miles. All stock except converter gutted.

Lyrch

Reaction score
Smells and looks clean. That's what's odd. I have a history of breaking transmissions that's why I thought that was the problem, but normally when clutches go in them the fluid is burnt and black.

Lyrch

Reaction score
It seems to be getting worst. Had a load in the back of the truck yesterday. Didn't start pulling good till 3500 rpm. I'm pretty sure it's toast at this point.

Lyrch

Reaction score
No tune. If I nurse it, while its cold it dont seem as bad. Once it warms up some it seems to only slip about 500 rpm before it starts pulling good.

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
The vanes on my turbo used to stick bad after id give er a lil hell. And when id go to accelerTe it had slow response. Do you have a way to monitor your egt's? Id look and see what yoir egts do when its sluggish and id say if your egts get high itd be your turbo if your egts stay in check id imagine itd be your tranny

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.