Trouble w/Diamond Eye 4" Downpipe

Levitc88

Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing my turbo back 4" exhaust(straight pipe all the way). I can't get the downpipe to connect with the turbo. It gets close but lacks about 1/2" or so. The pipe contacts the ground stud on passenger side leg of maniifold and the firewall. I thought about adding a dimple in the pipe with a hammer but wonder if anyone else has had this same issue?:hammer: I hate to hammer on a new pipe. Seems like if the flange was about 1" long everything would line up perfect and there would be a 1/2" air gap all around the pipe. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

one2nine

Reaction score
Not really sure what to tell ya, although this isn't the first time I'm heard fitment issues with diamond eye. My stroker67 pipes always fit great. Maybe contact who you bought it from?

3brorce

Reaction score
My DE downpipe fit great when I put it on. It hits my fire wall now since my cab was off and on. I might try and re-align my cab if that is possible. I dont want to hit my DP either

Levitc88

Reaction score
Well I ordered a stroker67 downpipe. The guys on the phone at Rudy's are awesome to deal with! Thanks for the replies everyone!

3brorce

Reaction score
I slid my cab back a little and hopefully that solves my issue

3brorce

Reaction score
Mine did as well until the cab came off and back down. Was easy to move cab towards rear of truck to get DP off firewall.

TX_S

Reaction score
Mine hits on the same stud on the intake manifold and I thought my motor or TC was about to blow cause it was making a knocking/almost exhaust leak type noises s I only heard it from below the truck not under the hood. Had to put a few dents in it seems to be good now but I kinda think the stud put a hole in the down pipe. Shoulda bought mbrp but I got a good deal on this kit

Latest posts