Truck decided it needed to vent!!!

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Just don't load tunes with the tap shifter installed.
HELL NO!!!! Ha Ha
FYI to all if you have a TapShift, dont forget to bypass it when loading a tune if not you will be scratching your head wondering WTF why wont the tune laod.

Alright boys and girls here is my take.
Biggest difference to me is the TC. Much more efficient than stock. I put what Morgan recommended which was a Precision. I have to hold the truck back much more with the brakes at a stop now. Putting it in gear you can feel it much more now. Taking off takes much less effort. When it locks it feels like a shift now instead of slipping into lock up. After driving with this TC the stock one felt like I was blowing through it before lock up. I went with a 1600 stall and only the 200 RPM difference feels much more. Maybe I was and thats why the trans started to run warmer all the time. The trans shifts great, very progressive depending on throttle position. GH and Morgan have it down. I like it much better. Like Iw as told by Morgan, I wonder why I didnt do it earlier.
I will know for sure on Sunday pulling the fiver over a pretty good grade to the race track. Hit the high hole and let her eat.:demon:

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I like it so far. I was nervous about it but took Morgans advice and it has worked. Will see for sure when I tow though. 7% grade for a while the fat pig is in the 28-30K range.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I like the tighter TC for how I use my truck. The chargers still seem to light the same pulling the trailer or unloaded, actually seem to light quicker. Maybe its the load. The truck with the new trans is a monster towing.