Truck is bouncing after TC locks

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
I have had this problem ever since my recent build. Only fuel upgrades I did was an airdog2 and ported fuel rails. When I get up around 50-55 the TC will lock and the truck will start bouncing or bucking. It will smooth out if I let of the throttle or once I get over 60mph. I just switched to Spartan so I could monitor a bunch of stuff. It is really bad on the 310 tune. It seems during this time FRP will swing bad but other than that FRP pressure is stable and holds fine at WOT. I have no clue what's going on. Any ideas guys?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. Fluctuates rapidly from 6500-9000psi as long as i am between 52mph and 57mph and light on the throttle. Any other speed, time, or amount of throttle, all FRP is stable as can be

jdgleason

Reaction score
Do you have any other tuner? I would try loading the 210 tune and see if that changes anything. Or if you had another tuner try that.

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. Fluctuates rapidly from 6500-9000psi as long as i am between 52mph and 57mph and light on the throttle. Any other speed, time, or amount of throttle, all FRP is stable as can be

This is exactly what I am experiencing.

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
it seems when your on a flat road it wont with the cruise set but I thought i felt it driving up some inclines today

AllanB

Reaction score
Mine will do the same thing on X-Race. I thought it was the throttle myself. But I use X-Street for my DD anyway so no problems for me. What trans tune are y'all running?

BigBluediesel08

Reaction score
mine does it also with the 310. Its a race tune, so its throttle sensitive. If your touching the pedal, with every bump you hit it buckles.

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
well I had a spartan on my old 08 and it wasnt like this. These tunes never did this on my current truck until my recent mods. My wife drives it as much as me and noticed it also post mods. Just a guess but I am thinking the ported fuel rails are making it much more noticeable. This is also on a freshly paved road. My poor daughter bounces around in her car seat haha. I mean it gets to bucking pretty violently if I dont let off the throttle or give it a lot more gas

MINK

Reaction score
This has been coming up more and more as of late - I too had the issue on xstreet and xrace after my ported rail install. I have sense switched to Gearheads Race tune for daily driving and havnt had a single issue.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Everytime on the highway when i hit a joint for the overpasses this happens to me as well. 310 and 345, 275 is smooth for me.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
When mine starts doing it, I can set the cruise, and it will still do it. I have traction bars i thought it was bucking. Traction bars fixed my shifts and some bucking, but i think this was more the cause of it to start bucking than a bump

Shipmate

Reaction score
Arron try the 300EL tune. I drive that tune now 100% of the time and it is smooth.

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
Luke, I just loaded the 300 up before I left for work so I can try that one tomorrow. The thing is that it sucks I can't do anything with the higher tunes besides race. I know that's what they are designed for but it would be nice to be able to drive it on the highway too. I am debating going back with the stock rails unless there is a different fix. I wonder if the tunning can be tweaked to fix this. Maybe Jeff will chime in. I know he has ported rails also

Latest posts

Members online