Truck is dead

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
One of my guys truck just shut down. He said " It flashed low oil then said to pull over shutting down. He is on the side of the road. Any idea?

sagebel

Reaction score
I assume he has already checked the oil. Will it start? I couldn't find anything in the 6.7bible regarding low oil level. There is an oil pressure switch above the filter and one on the EGR cooler.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
My brother is at the truck. He said the guy probably has the chain of events backwards. He said the manual said something about the egt or coolant was to hot it would shut down.

They guys are towing it to our shop and will get codes tomorrow.

Sucks I have 3 trucks down now. One is 08

Wayne

Reaction score
possibly insuffiecient oil pressure or oil pressure switch. If it works like on the older stuff, and I think it does, it grounds out when it builds enough pressure for safe operation. I would try clearing the codes, after recording them, and disconnecting the oil pressure switch, (located directly in front of, and above the oil filter) and grounding it out to see if it cranks. If it cranks, then you have isolated the problem. Next, you gotta find out if it's a failed sensor or pump. You can remove the sensor, and attach a mechanical gauge in the hole, and go from there. I sure wouldn't dare running it though until you know what's going on with the pressure. Good luck.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Thanks Wayne. My brother will start testing tomorrow with that info. I'm on my way to MT to do 6.0 injectors in trade for a bronco. If he can't figure it out I will be back Thursday with parts for the other 2011.

Wayne

Reaction score
Sounds good. If you need my cell for more info, just send me a PM. On the side note, man, I wish I had a bronco again. I love those rigs.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Pm sent. Truck had a codes.

P1247
P200e
P200c

Cleared the code and all is well again. I assume it has a short in the egt sensor so it will get replaced.

Wayne

Reaction score
p1247 is for lower than expected boost. Both P200E & C are DPF overtemp codes calculated off of the difference in temps between egt sensors. Likely a sensor is bad, or the dpf is plugged. It could also be coolant contamination in the dpf. If you can see you have a bad sensor KOEO, then that's the sensor to start with.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
All we have there right now is a code reader. I have the real computer with me right now.
Ohms on egt sensors from front to back

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Replaced the number 4 sensor. So far so good. 20 miles

New codes came up for the urea on the test drive. P20bc and p20be. Going to check wiring in the morning.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
This truck if finally fixed. Had to replace the urea line from the tank to the injector.

Latest posts

Members online