Truck jerks forward after stopping

05PSD

Reaction score
I've had transmission issues with my truck that the dealers can't seem to duplicate. The truck makes a metal on metal screech when downshifting from 5th to 4th and 4th to 3rd on occasion. The two dealers claim they cannot duplicate the issue and there's no CEL so there's nothing they can do.

Now the truck is exhibiting a new issue. When coming to a stop, a second after stopping the truck faintly jerks forward. Almost like the torque converter is not fully unlocked.

I'm guessing I will just have to wait until the transmission ****s the bed before Ford will do anything about it. I just don't want to be stranded towing my 5th wheel somewhere in the mountains. Anyone heard of anything like this happening?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Never heard it but it sounds like a sticky solenoid in the valve body for the clutch lockup on the TC. And quite possibly also a warped clutch plate on the TC. I do think you may be thinking right in the TC department.

Lunging forward at a stop would be the TC trying to lockup or not completely unlocking.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I have actually had some issues with what seems like the torque converter not being fully unlocked when coming to a stop and a few really rough downshifts as well. Do you have the emissions delete and a tuner?? I had the issue a few times when I first installed the H&S mini maxx. It did this probably 6 or 7 times and has since stopped doing it. I thought maybe the transmission was just having a hiccup since H&S was mentioning about hard shifting etc when the transmission is learning. I hope your problem isn't something more serious than what I had!

Latest posts

Members online