Truck went into SAFE STOP mode

rsmith0801

Reaction score
Ok guys I have read a lot about this topic but still have no idea why my truck would have done this. I bought the truck a few months ago and was told it had a tune on it but unfortunately it didn't come w/ the tuner. It has all of the (d e l e t e s) both physically and electronically except for the E G R that has been turned off. Regarding the 3 sensors under the truck along the frame rail, the front 2 are still plugged in and zipped tied up the a harness along the frame rail. the farthest one back is unplugged but has a resistor plugged into the connection. w/ all of this being said, why would my truck throw a P200E code and go into Safe Stop mode? Are their any other EGT sensors that could be giving biased reading causing this? Could it just have been a hiccup in the system? I had stopped to the truck after normal driving to make a pit stop and my wife stayed in the truck w/ it running for maybe 10 minutes. She said it changed tones as far as idling as if the A/C had kicked on and then shut down. She said she turned the key off until I got in. After making a few phones calls, throw a few curse words, doing some research, throwing a few more curse words, I find out I have to wait 30 minutes to an hour for it to reset so I can start it. I also had to (d e l e t e) the code and was lucky to have an OBDII scanner tool to be able to do that. I believe I need to go ahead and buy a programmer just to reprogram it just in case. Any insight to why this happened or what I need to do would be greatly appreciated.

mn_sclb

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem with my truck. I'm running ***-r but I actually have the tuner. It only happened once. If you have access to a higher level scanner check the pids for the egt sensors and see what they say, you may just have a bad sensor. Either way, the best fix for the problem is to get a better tuner that ignores the sensors. (H and S, S P A R T A N, and I believe SCT with certain custom tunes) .

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online