Truck's broke :( looking at more parts.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Ok guys, I think I blew a head or something another. The story goes I was driving home from from my buddy's place and the truck didn't seem right as I made it down the road I started loosing power then it shut down. I coasted to a corner store. The truck wouldn't start...I managed to get it started again but it sounded like total shiet and tons of white smoke was pooring from the exhaust I got it to idle 1/4 a mile when it shut down again with me coasting the rest of the way home. I looked underneath the truck and didn't see any fuilds but so thing is clearly wrong. Aside from the obvious repairs that will be needed I'm setting aside 2000-2500$ Shuck maybe null and void depending on exactly is the problem and it's extent and cost but thinking of going with a alradco intercoer, colt stage one cam and some push rods. Anyone have an idea as to the problem with my truck is and I'm open to suggestions to parts.

Irontx

Reaction score
Long list of possibilities. LOL
Last time mine did that... washed off the top of a piston...
Hope your luck is better than mine.
Any fluids mixing?!?! I would start there... along with a good scan...

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Thing that has me pissed is I never went over 2500rpms during the drive home.

I've kept my distance from the truck so I don't decide to start a fire underneath it.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Dunno I was up wind or a decent ways from it. I will say it was a lot thicker last night

04cr450

Reaction score
from the looks of the videos you are one slip away from hydro locking that engine... stop cranking, you have fuel in the cylinders. injector o-ring problem? cracked nozzle?

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
it's going to be a little bit of time before it gets worked on and the issue is figured out due to the amount of trucks ahead of mine. I'll stop cranking it.

This has me pretty bummed.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Gawd, I remember when one of the tips broke off my 285's.
I was 3 1/2 hours from home, and wasn't paying any tow truck, or shop to fix my truck....
Smoke cleared up pretty good around 75mph...
Didn't win any "Clean Air" competitions that day...

Irontx

Reaction score
Gawd, I remember when one of the tips broke off my 285's.
I was 3 1/2 hours from home, and wasn't paying any tow truck, or shop to fix my truck....
Smoke cleared up pretty good around 75mph...
Didn't win any "Clean Air" competitions that day...

LOL LOL LOL

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Well, as it turns out the last shop that worked on my injectors didn't tq them correctly and were a tad loose.

Plus side, im going with an Alradco intercooler while its in:D

Latest posts

Members online