TS 6 cord/switch options

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I've seen a picture recently where the switch for a ts was mounted on the power window/lock piece on the door and I know the cord that comes with the chip isn't long enough to reach that.. is everyone just cutting and splicing in extra lengths of wire or is there a place to buy a longer cord?

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
I've seen a picture recently where the switch for a ts was mounted on the power window/lock piece on the door and I know the cord that comes with the chip isn't long enough to reach that.. is everyone just cutting and splicing in extra lengths of wire or is there a place to buy a longer cord?

Its long enough, it was for me when I did it on my obs.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Really? Its about from the end of my fingertip to my far shoulder...

Pen for reference.. i haven't really looked too hard but I figured it would have to be a bit longer.. I dunno

amujunuz.jpg

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
from the pcm to that panel its not that far away, door open all the way of closed.

dsberman94

Reaction score
It's not far zac. It should easily reach. When people run them straight up to next to the steering wheel 3/4 of it is bunched up under the dash.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
I wasn't sure the first time I did it so I mount the cord but didn't plug it into the chip

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

JD3020

Reaction score
I've got 2 chips, one is currently mounted on the kick panel below the steering wheel, hidden from view unless you're in the driverseat. Other chip is hanging out on the dash. LOL

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I have power mirrors. So that won't work for me

I thought about getting the SW from KT Performance, the one that fits in the gauge pod. I thought that was pretty neat

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
For like $140, I'll do this instead lol. That's a lot of money...

I understand it probably wasn't too cheap to make, but still...

I do think its pretty cool though

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I can't even get mine to reach over to the WTS cluster which is where I wanted to mount it. I just have it hanging under the steering column, I keep telling myself I'm going to build a mount to attach it to the bottom of the column cover but haven't done it yet.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I have power mirrors. So that won't work for me

I thought about getting the SW from KT Performance, the one that fits in the gauge pod. I thought that was pretty neat

Unless you are dead set on having the illuminated LED feature, you can get yourself a gauge blank, drill a hole in the center and mount your switch that way.
Any marine repair center should be able to get you a blank for free or cheap. We usually just throw them away.

Latest posts

Members online