Ts 6 position or php hydrachip?

DleclairObs

Reaction score
I cant decide between the ts 6 position or the php hydrachip for my OBS. Who has one and what do you think about it?

79jasper

Reaction score
I have the hydra.
I like it because you don't have to mail it in to get tunes changed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

JD3020

Reaction score
Hydra is nice because you can add/remove tunes without pulling the chip. If you have a stock truck its not needed, but handy if you have a lot of mods and need tunes tweaked. Other than that they use the same tunes, so no difference in the tunes/power.

One thing i've been noticing is theres a lot of sales on TS chips, seems like you can pick em up for $150-200 all day long.

rosspulliam

Reaction score
I went with a TS style chip and switch just because I could hide it/mount it easier. I don't change tunes often and even if I needed to send it in for tunes it wouldn't bother me.

I had no desire for that Hydra switch in my truck.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I had the hydra, it was nice because it had 17 positions and when I needed adjustments for my setup, download the tune from email open HF flash the tune to the chip.

I loved it.

theronbt

Reaction score
I have had both and if money isn't a factor I would go hydra. Just for the fact you can put didn't tunes on it easier. I was surprised how little the hydra was. I thought it would be bigger and stick out more than it does.

79jasper

Reaction score
Pretty sure you can set the tune, then unplug it. (If you don't want it in view) although mine you can't even really see it. I've had people look for 10 minutes before they finally saw it and asked what it was.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.