TTB Bearing retainers

97Stroker

Reaction score
I have a 97 f250 with the TTB with auto hubs and I was wondering if anybody knew where I could get just the wheel bearing nut retaining clip, or if anyone had one. You know the clip that wraps around the spindle and slides into the groves in the inside of the nut?

Tom S

Reaction score
I do not think those are available individually. I think you had to buy the whole nut kit to get them. Hopefully someone will have one that can spare.

97Stroker

Reaction score
Yeah the ford dealership makes you buy the whole hub for 200 dollars. Yeah and i'm looking for 2 if anybodys got any.

Tom S

Reaction score
I broke one years ago while not being smart. Lukily I got one from a mechanic at Ford out of his tool box. Those auto hubs are not reliable. I suggest switching to some Warns while you are at this point. You will need a nut kit for those.

97Stroker

Reaction score
Yeah I broke one by accident and the tab was already broken off of the one on the other side. I'll probably just make my own. And my auto hubs have been fine for the little bit I do with them so they're are just fine for now.

Tom S

Reaction score
Good luck with them. I suggest not cheaping out on something that holds the wheel on . I have seen a few others ruin stuff because that spindle nut backed off.

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
I never had my old TTB axle apart.
Is it like the D60 retainer, a piece of stamped metal that goes over the nut and has a castle for the cotter pin? If so, check a Lowes or Truevalue hardware. They usually have something like that in tbeir specialty hardware area.

97Stroker

Reaction score
I've never had a D60 apart but it kind of sounds a little different. It looks like half of a snap ring wrapped around the spindle then its like bent backwards, rides in the key way and slides into the castle of the nut, which is on the inside. Confusing, I know.

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
I've never had a D60 apart but it kind of sounds a little different. It looks like half of a snap ring wrapped around the spindle then its like bent backwards, rides in the key way and slides into the castle of the nut, which i on the inside. Confusing, I know.

That's definately something different than what I'm talking about.

Latest posts

Members online