Tune on my truck? Maybe?

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
So I got a truck off a dealer 08 6.4 and it came with an aFe down pipe back exhaust with a muffler but no dpf/cat...the truck didn't throw any codes or anything and it'll blow a little bit of smoke...I still have egr...is there a tune on my truck? The dealer said when they ran a scan on it there was no tune on it...kinda confused here

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Might have a dpfr... not a tuner but allows you to remove dpf... Basically tricks ecm to think that it has a clean dpf so it does not go into regen.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Best I remember it has a harness that plugs into the harness where the sensors go under the truck, I've only seen one on a buddies truck but its been several years ago. Seemed like it had a module in the cab with a light that would flash now and then, when it flashed you were suppose to turn the key off and back on to reset it. He didn't run it very long before he purchased an act so I don't remember a whole lot about it.

mandkole

Reaction score
Amazed that the dealer sold a truck without the exhaust intact. Was it a ford dealer? Did you sign any waivers?

RedRice589

Reaction score
I bought my last one with the Dpf- r they can sell them but I think a build date or a non- warranty is involved you buy as is.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Would this DPF-R "Programmer" work while the spartan is on my dually? From the way the EPA is turning i'll probably be good to keep one of these "DPF-R Programmers" for safe measure. Just in case you lose your tunes or you batteries go dead down the road.

Latest posts

Members online