Tune or transmission acting up...

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
Hey, I have an SCT Tuned by Innovative. It's been great, but I switched to extreme race for a couple days and just switched back to extreme street and when it goes into 4th it jumps real hard n pushes to 3rd and then back to 4th. Jumps about 3 times... any thoughts? Also anybody know what extreme street L is? I haven't used it, but I put it on and at an idle it sounds like I have aftermarket cams or something lol. Jumps between ICP's a lot between 450 and 6-700. I didn't wanna try to drive it. Thanks!

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
My innovative agg street tune shifts so hard i dont even use it. Real bad 3-5 flare with it also. X race is fine. I think my street tune got corrupted when i downloaded it fwiw.
Its winter now so i roll around on erics econo tune.

sootie

Reaction score
switch back to a stock tune and see if your problems go away so as to rule out other issues

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
Ok, I'll try it asap. Thanks guys. Yeah it punches into fourth on the street tune. Didn't used to though. I'll check her out soon

swinky

Reaction score
Direct clutch is gone.... It might clear up after driving it for a bit or it could be a solenoid issue but that's very normal symptoms for a smoked direct clutch. I'll never run innovative tunes again he can't figure my **** out.

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
Direct clutch is gone.... It might clear up after driving it for a bit or it could be a solenoid issue but that's very normal symptoms for a smoked direct clutch. I'll never run innovative tunes again he can't figure my **** out.
Damn! Who has the best tunes? Guess I gotta find that thread now.

04cr450

Reaction score
agreed^ all I use is gearhead tunes, but, I had eric live tune my truck and the truck screams with that tune... it is not a street tune though, so I run gearhead most of the time.

swinky

Reaction score
Drop the trans pan, I bet your fluid is black. When you're ready for a trans give twisted a call. They will highly recommend gearhead.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to that though.

swinky

Reaction score
Just keep in mind LV fluid is known to get very dark prematurely. Also if direct clutches are smoked you won't have reverse.
Didn't know that about lv. Yeah if they're completely gone you won't. In the three transmissions I've lost the direct clutch in I noticed the 3-5 shift getting sloppy about a month before noticing it in reverse.

I got lucky once and put a new solenoid in when I noticed it then got another 6 Months out of it. Every trans will obviously be different though.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Also anybody know what extreme street L is? I haven't used it, but I put it on and at an idle it sounds like I have aftermarket cams or something lol. Jumps between ICP's a lot between 450 and 6-700. I didn't wanna try to drive it. Thanks!

Its probably a lope tune....... don't use it its worthless its only for "the sound"

Fox hunt

Reaction score
My truck did the same thing with innovative tunes. And just a week ago my trans went out. Was it just a coincidence or the tune? I don't know, but I know when I get my new trans I'll be running TSD tunes again

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
My truck did the same thing with innovative tunes. And just a week ago my trans went out. Was it just a coincidence or the tune? I don't know, but I know when I get my new trans I'll be running TSD tunes again

Every time I switch tunes my trans goes. Did it with innovative tunes for my powermax, innovative tunes for my barder, and again with tsd tunes for the s366. I've never ran gearhead tunes, because my friends 6.4 was quite powerless and the trans shifting was horrid imo.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Call the guys that build transmissions and ask who's tuning they recommend....
I asked Andy about TSD and he said they were good. He said Chris will start with baseline tune and I'll have to have him adjust the line pressure in the shifting, but I havent gone into detail with him as what it should feel like yet

sootie

Reaction score
Every time I switch tunes my trans goes. Did it with innovative tunes for my powermax, innovative tunes for my barder, and again with tsd tunes for the s366. I've never ran gearhead tunes, because my friends 6.4 was quite powerless and the trans shifting was horrid imo.

wut!? was his truck broken? never hear a complaint like that before...

Latest posts

Members online