tuner 6.ol

motherwell 10

Reaction score
Hi i have a 2003 f350 6.0l cold air 4 inch exhaust egr ****** but no studs or new gasket .i recently purchased an edge evolution cs tuner and am running tow mode on fusion thre w that.is there abetter option or custom tunes i can use with this and is this safe new to the tune world.thanks for any help

DieselMater86

Reaction score
I see a lot of guys loving the SCT Tuner with no second guessing the change. Long as you don't treat it like its a full blown race truck and keep an eye on egt's you should be fine also.
Hope it helps I have the same truck extended cab dually work in progress.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Hi i have a 2003 f350 6.0l cold air 4 inch exhaust egr ****** but no studs or new gasket .i recently purchased an edge evolution cs tuner and am running tow mode on fusion thre w that.is there abetter option or custom tunes i can use with this and is this safe new to the tune world.thanks for any help

Get a SCT with GH tunes, the edge tuning will fry that transmission...

You can use the SCT for tuning and still use the CS for monitoring.

motherwell 10

Reaction score
thanks guys for your help .ill look into the sct tuner.also with the sct what mode would you say is safest to stay on .tow mode cause with the edge the fellow i bought it off said not to go on economy said tow mode is the safest bet but on that tuner tow mode is a power leverl 3 before race mode extreme and economy is power level 2 so dont get that?

sootie

Reaction score
just get an SCT tuner part # 3015 and buy some custom tunes from G ear Head. Your truck will thank you and you will love the truck

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
You will like SCT with custom tunes much more than what Edge has to offer. No one can write custom tunes for the Edge device.

We can get you setup with this if you are interested. Check it out HERE.

As stated, you can continue to use your Edge CS as a scan tool/gauges. You just want to get away from Edge generic programming.

motherwell 10

Reaction score
Well with the x4 i can monitor my gauges as well canti.and can u get a pyro probe for the sct x4.i took the edge back cause i didnt really like it and buddy that sold it to me was telling me fibs so i waited till he left and exchanged with the chick working.was good cause he said they dont do returns on tunerssucker

motherwell 10

Reaction score
Also if im towing a trailer on 8k towmode in the mountains where i live is it safe to be on that mode when im not studed as my traikers sround 8k.true just as long as i dont use overdrive goin up mountains but i can use it on the way down with ******** tunes for towinf
G thanks in advance

patricku47

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the X4 for a monitor. I am running a 3015 with an edge CS as a monitor. Seems like that's what most everyone on here uses.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Well with the x4 i can monitor my gauges as well canti.and can u get a pyro probe for the sct x4.i took the edge back cause i didnt really like it and buddy that sold it to me was telling me fibs so i waited till he left and exchanged with the chick working.was good cause he said they dont do returns on tunerssucker

You can monitor PID's with the X4, but most people prefer not to since the X4 looks goofy mounted up on the dash. There are much better options for monitoring and diagnostics as well. I prefer our Infinity unit since there are over 300 PID's I can see on my 6.0L, versus only around 20-30 with the SCT or Edge scan tools. While most of those additional PID's I do not watch every day, they are nice to have if I am trying to diagnose an issue. We also write tunes for the Infinity, so it is much more than just a scan tool.

Check out the Infinity HERE if you want to see the unit I am referring to.

Latest posts

Members online