Tunes for 250/200s

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I plan on putting 250/200s in my truck and was wondering what tuners have had good luck tuning these injectors. I have an 38r and know its not a big turbo but im keeping it to stay in work stock with a stock appearing turbo. Our limit is 2.3 in work stock otherwise sled pulling. Ive heard people say they need to be live tuned but I dont live next to any live tuners. I have Cales tunes running my stage 2s right now. Im thinking of trying Gearheads but figured Id see what you guys have had luck with.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Most all of the tuners around can make you happy with their tunning for these injectors.... Bill at PHP has done A LOT of Dyno runs with my truck with the 250/200s trying out the new 38r WW and all the other different combos we have tried so I'm sure he would do you right. But like i said pretty much any of the other tuners such as gearhead,tony wildman,beans,etc could do you right as well

Southmike

Reaction score
Gearhead has my vote. Matt has tuned all the 7.3's I've done with great success, and no complaints.

I agree I would call a few up listen to who has the best service for your needs.
The to ten tuners will prob be within ten percent of each other.

BDP Tuner

Reaction score
I have a lot of time on the dyno with these INJ's on a lot of different combos ( Big turbo, stock turbo, stock HPOP, Aftermarket HPOP, ect) and I am confident that I could get you some tunes that would make you happy but that still may not max out your trucks true potential. That is why I love live tuning because you know when you find that point that you are not going to make any more power with that combo of parts. I say that to say this, one thing we are starting to use is a new tool to datalog. it is something you can run in you truck record all the data that you or I would ever want and you can email it to me with ease. Then we can review it make changes and send you a new tune.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have a lot of time on the dyno with these INJ's on a lot of different combos ( Big turbo, stock turbo, stock HPOP, Aftermarket HPOP, ect) and I am confident that I could get you some tunes that would make you happy but that still may not max out your trucks true potential. That is why I love live tuning because you know when you find that point that you are not going to make any more power with that combo of parts. I say that to say this, one thing we are starting to use is a new tool to datalog. it is something you can run in you truck record all the data that you or I would ever want and you can email it to me with ease. Then we can review it make changes and send you a new tune.

holy hell, i need one of those in my truck at all times hooked to a direct link to your computer... from anywhere in the country.

live life full throttle

2000wa250

Reaction score
Matt or Bill. I would lean to Bill given he's done a lot of work lately with 250/200's and a 38r on lowdown's truck lately, so you would be getting some pretty dialed in tunes if he used those as a base...just my .02

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Whats do you guys see with your egts. Bill posted 1400 max on his 38r gen2 w.w. test. I see more then that with my cales tunes.

BDP Tuner

Reaction score
Whats do you guys see with your egts. Bill posted 1400 max on his 38r gen2 w.w. test. I see more then that with my cales tunes.

do you know if that 1400 Max EGT is on the run on the dyno or is it form a stop to 4th gear?

From what I see there is a big difference

Arisley

Reaction score
Tony could put some tunes on there that would pull like a big dog. They make a "little" smoke in the all out tunes. On the track if you ain't smokin, you are not getting all the power.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for smoke free daily drivers, but during competition, if you don't have some smoke, you need more fuel.

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
do you know if that 1400 Max EGT is on the run on the dyno or is it form a stop to 4th gear?

From what I see there is a big difference

On dyno testing we hit 1400º at 3500 RPM. This was a loaded dyno pull in 3rd Gear w/TCC locked, starting at 1400 RPM. Run time was ~8.4 seconds with a simulated load of 8000 pounds. On an unloaded test, the run time was ~4.3 seconds and I never broke 1100º.

On the street from a dead stop, I can hit about 100 MPH before breaking 1400º. From a 40 MPH roll, I can hit 90 MPH and never break 1000º. This is with 250cc/200% and GTP38R turbo. Plus, the trucks starts up like this when cold...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLTMbDfSkT4

250cc/200% injectors are not difficult to tune for at all. Matt can certainly handle it as well as a few others. :D

Bigsexy

Reaction score
What tuners have free reburns? I might actually take both my chips and send one to Matt and one to Bill then see whos I like more. I ran Bills when my truck was pretty much stock and thought there was better out there but that was 3yrs ago and hes always worth another try

Latest posts

Members online