Tuning 101 - Thread Merged with Injector Posts

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Nvk and pmt will interchange, buy the license for pmt. My understanding is the shifting strategies from the factory was better on pmt. It's also my understanding that if you have pmt software you cannot live tune to an nvk computer, software code and computer code have to match. Maybe this has changed or was a misunderstanding on my part. My question is it seems a lot of complaints about the shifting and wondering what you guys don't like about it?

Charles

Reaction score
Nvk and pmt will interchange, buy the license for pmt. My understanding is the shifting strategies from the factory was better on pmt. It's also my understanding that if you have pmt software you cannot live tune to an nvk computer, software code and computer code have to match. Maybe this has changed or was a misunderstanding on my part. My question is it seems a lot of complaints about the shifting and wondering what you guys don't like about it?

In my experience with VDH, the shifting doesn't work. Type whatever you like and it won't happen, lol.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
... It's also my understanding that if you have pmt software you cannot live tune to an nvk computer, software code and computer code have to match. Maybe this has changed or was a misunderstanding on my part....

At least with Minotaur this is true, as Bill offered to reflash a couple OBS PCM's I had to TDE1 and MLE1. I then bought those files off of him. He said to just move those computers from truck to truck when tuning to avoid having to buy multiple files. Then when tuning is done just convert to appropriate file for the truck's original PCM.

Charles

Reaction score
It boggles my mind that we have so many PCM's all doing the same thing since 1994!

The manuals have all the crap in them for the auto trans, so what gives???

Can we maybe just have A PCM to run A 7.3 at some point???

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
At least with Minotaur this is true, as Bill offered to reflash a couple OBS PCM's I had to TDE1 and MLE1. I then bought those files off of him. He said to just move those computers from truck to truck when tuning to avoid having to buy multiple files. Then when tuning is done just convert to appropriate file for the truck's original PCM.

Makes sense. I wouldn't know how to convert it tho lol I ended up just buying a pmt PCM and swapped into my nvk truck. I bought the Minotaur software after Bill live tuned it up at little power shop when you were there Jim and that was, 2008 or 2009. I played with trans shifting some but that was about it. After all this talk and I now have another pmt truck and vdh truck and a buddy has a vdh truck he wants to play with tuning on, this thread has kinda lite the fire again.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Well I moved everything over from the injector thread that started talking about the differences in nozzles and how they work, etc.... I'm sure there is a lot of junk and hopefully everything still makes sense... but it was over 300 posts once the the 200% tips were brought up..... I just don't have to time to pick and piece meal all the truly meaningful posts.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Well I moved everything over from the injector thread that started talking about the differences in nozzles and how they work, etc.... I'm sure there is a lot of junk and hopefully everything still makes sense... but it was over 300 posts once the the 200% tips were brought up..... I just don't have to time to pick and piece meal all the truly meaningful posts.

Good enough. With your eye, the meaningful content will be here for the most part.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Willing to help us start looking in the right direction?

I understand there are some fundamental differences like the 02-03 trucks have different pin-outs and stuff but have not dug much deeper than that into it. All of my trucks except one have been 02-03 models.

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Little holiday humor...got this sent to me...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 165

Charles

Reaction score
Somebody get Garret to send an Email to Crowz and we'll be off. Or a phone call. Or anything else, lol.

While I'm stuck at home sick I have time to dick with stuff like this. Once I get better this will disappear again, because nobody seems to want to carry this torch for some reason.

If we could just get the damn thing set up everybody could take it from there.

Charles

Reaction score
I hate dropbox. Plus you don't actually own those files, they exist on their server. And when they get ready to have the link expire.... whoops, F off. Plus everybody has to have an account, sign in all the time, change passwords blah, blah, blah.

We're already signed in here, host the files here.

Charles

Reaction score
my dropbox files exist on my PC (actually on several of my PCs), and on their server.

Lol, of course your dropbox files do, lol. You made them on your computer before uploading them.

What about everyone elses???? That are not on your computer???

haha

If you didn't download everything you ever wanted to keep to your own computer and dropbox rolled up tomorrow, or the links expired, you don't get those files. Because they're on their server.

Ask me about large filesharing sites rolling up and taking data with them.

Nevermind the pain in the ass that dropbox is. You have to be a member... You have to be signed in.... I deal daily with people forwarding me links to dropbox files that can only be opened by the person the link was originally created for.... I deal daily with links that evaporate after a day or so.....

Dropbox used to be useful before it got to be more trouble than it's worth. If this thing is going to grow, it sure would be easier if the files were right here.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.