Tuning for a Cam

Stroked777

Reaction score
its time correctly i was there when it was put in, and the cam gear is on there right, ill be posting a video up as soon as i can that shows egts, boost, throttle, and ebp so you guys can see whats going on

Gearhead

Reaction score
so 2 to 1, drive:boost. 62lbs of drive and 31lbs of boost? what is smoke like at wot?

EGTs are also pretty cool.

Gearhead

Reaction score
You may just need some more fuel thrown at it then......

Have you tried the regular HD300 file?

Stroked777

Reaction score
You may just need some more fuel thrown at it then......

Have you tried the regular HD300 file?

i just loaded up the hd300 and i like it alot more, i noticed that it has higher ebp at lower rpms, i guess to help spool faster, and that on the kem310 the IPW would only hit 1.7ms but on the hd300 on hot i hit 2.3ms, and it smoked alot more, but i only saw a max of 42psi and i was able to maintain rail pressure at 26k psi at 60% throttle on the highway doing 70-80mph

madman1234509

Reaction score
Good. I was saying before, that KEM 310 tune I would assume would be comparable to spartans 275 or 250 tune. 1.7pw is def a milder street tune, I think most hot street tunes are like 1.9 and a race tune over 2ms. I was going to say the first video boost and ebp def seemed down, the 2nd video is a little better. Close to 50psi of boost.

If you like the HD300, get gear heads hot street or race files.... From what people are saying they are night and day on MCC compared to the H&S 300 tune. Then go dyno again :)

Stroked777

Reaction score
Good. I was saying before, that KEM 310 tune I would assume would be comparable to spartans 275 or 250 tune. 1.7pw is def a milder street tune, I think most hot street tunes are like 1.9 and a race tune over 2ms. I was going to say the first video boost and ebp def seemed down, the 2nd video is a little better. Close to 50psi of boost.

If you like the HD300, get gear heads hot street or race files.... From what people are saying they are night and day on MCC compared to the H&S 300 tune. Then go dyno again :)

That second video was still the kem 310. But that was kinda on a hill. I'm gunna have to suck it up til I get some money together to get gearhead tunes

Gearhead

Reaction score
Load the regular hd300 file and see what it does... That file has all the pw you should need. It will eliminate some frustration if you get my file and it does the same thing.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
i dont know if its the nature of the beast with the cam but before the cam i could hit 52psi with the tc locked up in 4th or 5th

something is def off. i have rebuilt 6.4s for customers using colt cams. they are very snappy, cool running trucks.

with koeo does your map, and ebp pids match? the truck sounds very lazzy in the dyno video.

nothing for nothing. the only time i have ever delt with kem, lets just say i was less then pleased.

i would have matt send you some engine files, and i would bet money the truck sparks to life...

unless you have a under laying issue of course????

Last edited:

Stroked777

Reaction score
Load the regular hd300 file and see what it does... That file has all the pw you should need. It will eliminate some frustration if you get my file and it does the same thing.

its actually running alot better with the hd300,drove around a little yesterday like that now im gunna go for little longer drive with the hd300

Stroked777

Reaction score
something is def off. i have rebuilt 6.4s for customers using colt cams. they are very snappy, cool running trucks.

with koeo does your map, and ebp pids match? the truck sounds very lazzy in the dyno video.

nothing for nothing. the only time i have ever delt with kem, lets just say i was less then pleased.

i would have matt send you some engine files, and i would bet money the truck sparks to life...

unless you have a under laying issue of course????

i dont think there is other issure besideds being "lazy" it runs awesome, i beat the chit out of it and it doesnt back talk me and just keeps pluggin along