Tuning with exhaust brake

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
I have read and seen that Tyrant tunes support the factory 15' and up exhaust brake. But does anyone know, or can they confirm, if PPEI can as well?
I am happt with my current ******* tunes but have not heard of any updates for exhaust brake or even tire size changes.
I am looking into the ez lynk and the PPEI tuning.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have read and seen that Tyrant tunes support the factory 15' and up exhaust brake. But does anyone know, or can they confirm, if PPEI can as well?
I am happt with my current ******* tunes but have not heard of any updates for exhaust brake or even tire size changes.
I am looking into the ez lynk and the PPEI tuning.

GH does as well on the sct , and yes ppei does as well on EZ lynk. we can make you a nice price on whatever you want !

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
Ok sweet, i really like what i see from PPEI, i would like to inquire with them about some custom tunes as well if possible.
Thanks a lot!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok sweet, i really like what i see from PPEI, i would like to inquire with them about some custom tunes as well if possible.
Thanks a lot!

no custom tunes available vs what they have out now. it'll be specifically from their cloud and what is currently available . pretty much all is covered.

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
Everyone that has them seems to really be pleased.
Here is my idea, hope yall dont laugh me out of the fourm..
What i would like to have, along with the shift on the fly, is a tune actually lower than stock.
Lets face it, these things make as much power stock as a tunned up truck would from 10 yrs ago.
I want a lower tune much like a chassis cab tune or the job1 6.7 rating, say around 350 -375 hp and 700-750ftlbs. Then with the sotf i can bump it up from there. That way if im towing or letting someone else drive i have less to worry about and maybe mileage will be better.

These are just thoughts that i have been tossing back and fourth haha. :confused:

jcain

Reaction score
Gdp has a 0 power tune on Ezlynk and they retain exhaust brake

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
that is actually a nice option for the old guys that are sick of def and want stock dereeted power.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
The more i look into it i really like what i see from PPEI.
The stock power, valet, and 35hp tunes appeal to me since i don't want to toast my new 16'.
I plan on leaving the egr in place because, correct me if i am wrong, it uses the egr to aid in the exhaust braking. At least that is what i was told and read.
If that is not the case then i will ditch the egr.

On a side note, since i ******d, i do notice that the trans warmup is much slower now. I can only infer that a quicker warmup would benefit mileage but according to this site below it says that in 15' the egr is no longer tied to the same system.
Oh well, my mind never stops..

http://www.powerstrokehub.com/6.7-model-year-changes.html

08twinturbo

Reaction score
I will say the ******** tuning via sct through No Limit is flawless. I've done 2 15s in the past week. Both have 0 complaints and exhaust brake works fine. If you can deal with no shift on the fly this is one of the best tunes out there.

redneck1

Reaction score
The more i look into it i really like what i see from PPEI.

The stock power, valet, and 35hp tunes appeal to me since i don't want to toast my new 16'.

I plan on leaving the egr in place because, correct me if i am wrong, it uses the egr to aid in the exhaust braking. At least that is what i was told and read.

If that is not the case then i will ditch the egr.

On a side note, since i ******d, i do notice that the trans warmup is much slower now. I can only infer that a quicker warmup would benefit mileage but according to this site below it says that in 15' the egr is no longer tied to the same system.

Oh well, my mind never stops..

http://www.powerstrokehub.com/6.7-model-year-changes.html

Have my egr blocked off. Tyrant exhaust brake worked phenomenal. Fartan claims egr tied to exhaust brake but my exhaust brake works in tow/haul mode with warhammer, just not as strong as the tyrant tunes.

KCCO

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on that, ill call PPEI and talk with them about the details. Seems like both PPEI and Tyrant and a few others are the favorites these days. I dont have anything againt Sptn but i am willing to try others if they do not offer what i want.

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
I have a learning curve to get past as well cause i had a 6.4 with Sptn tunes for the past 8 years and loved it, aside from no sotf but never had any issues that were not self inflicted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.