Turbo discussion thread

B585Ford

Reaction score
Doesn't this show there's enough fuel, but a huge restriction on intake/heads etc.? Yeah you can cram more air in with turbos, but has anyone tried a different intake or ported with stock fuel and tow powers or similar? Or ported or billet heads? And yes, I understand the stock fuel would be falling off with atomization, just curious if anyone has tried it.

Jerry did that with small nozzles (60s) but he does have dual fuelers. I have always been curious what ported heads and stock fuel would.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I just recently recieved my Tow Power X atmo setup and plan on installing in the coming weeks. My plan was to run this setup with stock fuel and down the road upgrade to the 62mm VGT from the High Power's and dual HPFPs of some sort. After reading this thread what would be the opinion on running the Max Power VGT instead of the High Power VGT? How would a 76mm/66mm compound setup preform? The factory turbo setup is 65mm/56mm right? Would keeping the the turbo sizes within 10-11mm help? I'm thinking dual fuelers 110's/85's maybe even 60's and the above mentioned turbo setup.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I just recently recieved my Tow Power X atmo setup and plan on installing in the coming weeks. My plan was to run this setup with stock fuel and down the road upgrade to the 62mm VGT from the High Power's and dual HPFPs of some sort. After reading this thread what would be the opinion on running the Max Power VGT instead of the High Power VGT? How would a 76mm/66mm compound setup preform? The factory turbo setup is 65mm/56mm right? Would keeping the the turbo sizes within 10-11mm help? I'm thinking dual fuelers 110's/85's maybe even 60's and the above mentioned turbo setup.

I don't know enough to offer a good opinion on the Max P VGT. I thought the factory turbos were even smaller than that (about a 51 or so for the HP turbo).

Erikclaw

Reaction score

I wouldn't bother with the 66vgt. Pretty sure it won't give you much more compared to the 62. The 62 can take all that a 76 can throw at it, it would mainly slow spool up.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
People are running non VGT 66mm turbos with no problem right. How does a set of Max Powers preform with dual fuelers and a small/medium nozzle? My thought was if you could get the VGT to do a little more work the risk of overspeeding the atmo would be less. My knowledge on turbos on a scale of 1-10 would be like .5.

59fordcummins

Reaction score
Made 693hp/1258 ft lbs with stock fuel and canned H&S 300hd, with a 71 over a stock HP with a batmowheel. Also must note, threw a zf-6 manual tranny.

jdgleason

Reaction score
People are running non VGT 66mm turbos with no problem right. How does a set of Max Powers preform with dual fuelers and a small/medium nozzle? My thought was if you could get the VGT to do a little more work the risk of overspeeding the atmo would be less. My knowledge on turbos on a scale of 1-10 would be like .5.

Surprisingly streetable. Even up here in the thin air they are fun in traffic lol.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Awesome should be even nicer down here at sea level.. I think that is going to be my plan then. Precision 76mm/66mmvgt dual k16's and 30% nozzles.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I already have the 76. I kinda just want to try something different. If it ends up being a turd I will downsize the vgt to a 62. 750hp is where I want to be I just want to get there in a different way.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I can tell you that the 62 spools insainly fast on the street and is an absolute riot. You will most likely take some of that away by going to the 66, but I have not tried it myself yet, so time may tell if you do the setup I guess. You will love the 76 too. Its pretty sick!!!