Turbo discussion thread

getstroked27

Reaction score
thats what i thought id be at. figured there was no reason not to be. their all saying i need to order a 1700 dollar custom order charger from engineered, when no one else has. just unsure why im not seeing proper boost.

getstroked27

Reaction score
eric, youve seen the video on spacebook right? spool up is spot on. WOT from a dead stop im at 8 psi at 1800, then from there it just snaps right to 25, doesnt go any higher. you think that could be the issue is the ultra tight open housing? zane originally said it wouldnt hurt flow at all.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
eric, youve seen the video on spacebook right? spool up is spot on. WOT from a dead stop im at 8 psi at 1800, then from there it just snaps right to 25, doesnt go any higher. you think that could be the issue is the ultra tight open housing? zane originally said it wouldnt hurt flow at all.

It may spool up okay to a point but at 25 PSI your only pushing half of what you should, at that point your BP is probably crazy. If you wanted to keep that turbo Id swap the EX housing out or sell it and get a different turbo. It doesn't have to be anything crazy. Hell my FMW S371 retails for 1449.00. But that turbo is your issue, its designed for a smaller motor.

getstroked27

Reaction score
It may spool up okay to a point but at 25 PSI your only pushing half of what you should, at that point your BP is probably crazy. If you wanted to keep that turbo Id swap the EX housing out or sell it and get a different turbo. It doesn't have to be anything crazy. Hell my FMW S371 retails for 1449.00. But that turbo is your issue, its designed for a smaller motor.

suppose thats a valid ass point sir.

getstroked27

Reaction score
zane is sending me their charger, i guess im the first truck other than his to actually run it, no one orders it. and they never did any testing with anything different. so we shall see how it all works out.

Stroked777

Reaction score
From what in seeing about post about the h&s kit not playing well with a out of the box charger i see why many people aren't trying it. I also think it has to do with Morgan releasing a single kit and mpd is going to soon as well. The 3200 price tag for the h&s kit drove me away from it instantly, even thou it's a nice looking piece.

And I don't see how a big open plenum like that is good for spool up, I thought you don't wanna change the size of any piping or manifolds on the pre turbo side of the exhaust

getstroked27

Reaction score
From what in seeing about post about the h&s kit not playing well with a out of the box charger i see why many people aren't trying it. I also think it has to do with Morgan releasing a single kit and mpd is going to soon as well. The 3200 price tag for the h&s kit drove me away from it instantly, even thou it's a nice looking piece.

And I don't see how a big open plenum like that is good for spool up, I thought you don't wanna change the size of any piping or manifolds on the pre turbo side of the exhaust

yeah, their charger is quite pricey, zane has been working on the design of the kit for quite a long time. im hoping once i swap over to theirs from my 366 it will be 100 times better. should be. zane has a lot of engineering in this kit. anything thats worth it aint cheap

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
yeah, their charger is quite pricey, zane has been working on the design of the kit for quite a long time. im hoping once i swap over to theirs from my 366 it will be 100 times better. should be. zane has a lot of engineering in this kit. anything thats worth it aint cheap

And there you have it. It cost money to have parts cast, it costs money to completely reverse engineer a turbo to make it work. Some guys want stuff that really works and some don't.

getstroked27

Reaction score
exactly. we all know WOP. we all know the insane **** zane has done. he is without a doubt the best in the industry. so if he says this kit will work flawlessly with his charger, by god it will. hands down. i have no doubts

Reaction score
And there you have it. It cost money to have parts cast, it costs money to completely reverse engineer a turbo to make it work. Some guys want stuff that really works and some don't.

So your saying it by default works better than all other kits? Because it's reverse engineered? Because Zane built it? Come on dude. That's a little far fetched.

I'm not downing their kit. But it's a little grasping for straws maybe. I'll put it side by side in a controlled performance test any day. It doesn't take rocket science to make a cast Borg warner drive and spool right.

You can take it how you want. This was not to bash. But if you wanna call other companies parts inferior because they don't have to have a magic turbo to work, I'm gonna call it as I see it.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
So your saying it by default works better than all other kits? Because it's reverse engineered? Because Zane built it? Come on dude. That's a little far fetched.

I'm not downing their kit. But it's a little grasping for straws maybe. I'll put it side by side in a controlled performance test any day. It doesn't take rocket science to make a cast Borg warner drive and spool right.

You can take it how you want. This was not to bash. But if you wanna call other companies parts inferior because they don't have to have a magic turbo to work, I'm gonna call it as I see it.

Yawn

getstroked27

Reaction score

I cant say anything yet because i dont have the new charger on yet, but i agree. however every truck and its setup is different. their not all going to spool the same, fuel the same, or have the same numbers. im actually really curious to see how this kit, with the proper charger, holds up to a fabricated single pedestal thats all divided. not to see who's is better or anything, simply to see if theres any reason people could justify spending 3400 bucks on a single kit with a charger. talking to zane, i was informed he made the kit as a direct drop in, so that people, if they so choose, wouldnt have to do any supporting mods. he see's 40-42 psi at altitude. Morgan im actually a couple hours away from you, if you have a single 66 truck lying around somewhere, i wouldnt be opposed to run back to back on a dyno with it, for science. :blitzed:

Reaction score
I cant say anything yet because i dont have the new charger on yet, but i agree. however every truck and its setup is different. their not all going to spool the same, fuel the same, or have the same numbers. im actually really curious to see how this kit, with the proper charger, holds up to a fabricated single pedestal thats all divided. not to see who's is better or anything, simply to see if theres any reason people could justify spending 3400 bucks on a single kit with a charger. talking to zane, i was informed he made the kit as a direct drop in, so that people, if they so choose, wouldnt have to do any supporting mods. he see's 40-42 psi at altitude. Morgan im actually a couple hours away from you, if you have a single 66 truck lying around somewhere, i wouldnt be opposed to run back to back on a dyno with it, for science. :blitzed:

Cool! Lmk. I do have one here with a cast 66 on it. I'm not sure what the specs are on the h&s charger. If it's a cast wheel then I would say let's go for it! Haha, it's all in good fun. More scientific approach would be to dyno one then pull the turbo off and dyno the kit on the exact same truck with the same tune ect. Because as we all know there can be a good difference between two trucks.

getstroked27

Reaction score
Cool! Lmk. I do have one here with a cast 66 on it. I'm not sure what the specs are on the h&s charger. If it's a cast wheel then I would say let's go for it! Haha, it's all in good fun. More scientific approach would be to dyno one then pull the turbo off and dyno the kit on the exact same truck with the same tune ect. Because as we all know there can be a good difference between two trucks.

exactly. FYI, im the one on Illinois diesel mafia, they call me MR. Sargent. so i have a bunch of shops and owners with phone numbers listed. made sure your on it. and yeah, zane is beyond quiet with the specs, gonna have to bust out the micrometers and stuff when i get it in LOL ill shoot you a message on spacebook when the trucks back on the road, see what we can do about a dyno date!

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Zane posted in their thread that it was a 64mm billet inducer but kept everything else quiet. I would love to see a side by side comparison, do it guys!

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!